The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

05-09 vs 10-14 camber plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yayy first post..ey everyone lol

Could anyone tell me the difference between the 2? the plates in question are ground control plates. I recently picked up a set of cortex dampers that have these on them..but they came off a 13 and I have an 06. Its always been my understanding that suspension set ups are the same between the s197 platform.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The plates just need to match the dampers, and the assembly will bolt into any S197 ‘05 to ‘14. So you don’t need to change anything to bolt that in your ‘06.

Early style plates need to go with early style struts. And vice versa with ‘11-‘14 parts.

Welcome to TMO!

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
The plates just need to match the dampers, and the assembly will bolt into any S197 ‘05 to ‘14. So you don’t need to change anything to bolt that in your ‘06.

Early style plates need to go with early style struts. And vice versa with ‘11-‘14 parts.
Beware of the little "gotcha" when dealing with S197 GT500 struts - I'm pretty sure they all take the early style plates regardless of year.

Norm

Appreciate the heads up, They are the cortex street dampers but Ive loved Filips stuff since I saw performance autosport race it back in the day. Also good to see you active on here Norm!

I used to hang around the s197 forum actively still kinda do and you always gave solid advice for those out there

TMO Supporting Vendors