The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2005 Coyote ST3 Build Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I couldn’t justify cutting up my orange 2015 so I bought this. It’s got all oem junk suspension as it sits, a T2R that needs a ring and pinion, most of the wiring for a 2012 GT, some pretty cool 18x10.5 CCW’s, and most importantly - a Watson cage.

Phase 1 will be to put the base GT calipers that came on my 2015 on the front with some stainless or Boss lines, and toss in my OMP seat and belts. Trying to keep this as budget-friendly as possible so I can justify keeping both cars.

C6790E6C-ED77-4333-B827-492EB889B780.jpegF9D13182-367A-4AC1-9EA7-D1658D2503E8.jpeg

E8425869-A0A5-4205-A2CE-A5C09003014C.jpegE01A9A11-C5DF-4862-8172-514113909A79.jpeg

8F7485E2-D5FE-4BC4-A1F6-0B3B93CA9CB0.jpeg619E5AE6-F03D-4228-A6ED-C49DABA0404C.jpeg

Last edited:
Dug the four piston S550 calipera out of my parts bin. Looks like I could fit a lot more brake under these CCW’s. Yes I know the rotors are wrong.
A10BEDCF-F580-4E2C-A9EA-ECAD7E1AC0CE.jpeg
This begs the question: is it worth taking the 6 piston Brembos from my 2015 for this car? The orange car will no longer be used for track. Anyone know if S550 Brembos fit under 18” CCW’s?
CB1273A3-989D-4FA6-9334-D65B6E11ACE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Can anyone help me out with brake line routing? Not sure where the flex hoses are supposed to attach to the strut or the body. The stoptech kit came with these brackets and some clamps. Is my hard line that messed up?

View attachment 86026
Hardline looks ok, bracket should be an L-shape that stands out and back.
08C0DC84-62D1-4561-87F9-BD901FB00BBC.jpeg

That looks really good. Today I was trying to get brake ducting installed but using the Boss LS approach with the fog lamp bezel then add hardware store plumbing pieces. Mine is so bad I couldn’t look at it any longer🤦🏻‍♂️
I've been there; the first ducts I made for my 2015 were half PVC. If I'm happy with how these turn out I can make you a set. I'm printing a revision now, if it fits I'll work on mounting tabs and post an update.

I've been there; the first ducts I made for my 2015 were half PVC. If I'm happy with how these turn out I can make you a set. I'm printing a revision now, if it fits I'll work on mounting tabs and post an update.
That would be great. I saw this car when is was up for sale and it was tempting but it was beyond my ability to finish it, good luck to you. The pic of your 3D duct looks like it’s in a 13/14 bumper cover. Is that what is on your 2005 car? I am working with on a ‘14. I can send and dims for the tabs if you need it. Regarding the fog light bezel, the cover tabs and bezel tunnels (for fog light mounting screws) are weird as they are not in a the same plane making off/on significant interference, unless I just didn’t understand it after way too long trying to separate bezel from cover.

That would be great. I saw this car when is was up for sale and it was tempting but it was beyond my ability to finish it, good luck to you. The pic of your 3D duct looks like it’s in a 13/14 bumper cover. Is that what is on your 2005 car? I am working with on a ‘14. I can send and dims for the tabs if you need it. Regarding the fog light bezel, the cover tabs and bezel tunnels (for fog light mounting screws) are weird as they are not in a the same plane making off/on significant interference, unless I just didn’t understand it after way too long trying to separate bezel from cover.
Yes, my car has a 2013 front end on it. I don't have a factory fog light bezel, but I printed a version that mates up to the factory tabs and mounting points. I'm printing another (hopefully the final) version now with a couple of minor adjustments and in a more durable material.

Drivetrain purchased.

Motor is from a 2014 F150 and looks very clean (on the inside). It’s receiving a new water pump, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, and a few other maintenance items.

The trans is a Hanlon stage 2 TR3650 with an exedy cerametallic clutch, lightened flywheel, and hurst shifter.

Also scored a ported Boss manifold, some eBay headers, a PATS deleted PCM, and a Lund nGauge.

IMG_1036.jpeg

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0972.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

Update. I've buffed one quarter panel. Also installed the EPAS, engine, trans, some Koni Sports with Ford K? Springs, and begun the dreadful body harness wiring. There are a lot of grounds and approximately 16 miles of wiring that I don't think I need.

I refreshed the engine with valve cover, intake manifold, and oil pan gaskets, a rear main seal, pilot bearing, spark plug and cam sensor seals, the MMR head cooling mod, a new water pump, and new hardware where necessary.

I attempted to install a set of S550 pedals, master cylinder, and brake booster but the pedals in no way would work without cutting of the firewall or a very custom bracket which would require the seat, steering wheel, and gas pedal to be moved rearward. I'm not interested in making my own plunger for the S550 master cylinder, so I'm going to use the 2012 hydraulics and some knockback springs in the calipers.

The Boss intake manifold I bought didn't have the fancy covers on top, so I 3D printed my own.

I think I've spent about $500 on hardware alone. The budget has been compromised, but I'm determined to have this on track in the Spring.

IMG_2322.jpeg
IMG_2372.jpeg
IMG_0498.jpeg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Carolina
Yes, my car has a 2013 front end on it. I don't have a factory fog light bezel, but I printed a version that mates up to the factory tabs and mounting points. I'm printing another (hopefully the final) version now with a couple of minor adjustments and in a more durable material.
Forgive the intrusion. I was searching the forums this morning for this with no luck, then remembered seeing your build earlier in the week. Love the look of your car. I drive a 2009 GT. Is the 2013 bumper cover a straight swap? Or must you also swap the hood and/or fenders? Thanks!

Forgive the intrusion. I was searching the forums this morning for this with no luck, then remembered seeing your build earlier in the week. Love the look of your car. I drive a 2009 GT. Is the 2013 bumper cover a straight swap? Or must you also swap the hood and/or fenders? Thanks!
Thanks. I believe you need to swap the entire front end, hood and fenders included. This was done to my car before I purchased it. I will say the fenders and doors don’t line up well, but for race car purposes it looks fine.

image.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors