The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2007 Gt500 shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty tired of missing gears, the Blowfish kit helped a lot by placing the shifter on the trans, but I'm now looking for a shifter. The trans is (or should be, I really should've paid more attention several years ago) a T56, As stated, it has the Blowfish bracket on it, is there any compatible shifters available that you are aware of? I know the Barton and MGW are the kings, right now, but are they compatible with the bracket?

The MGW should be. The rear mount is the same as stock but mounted upside down from stock. Give George a call to confirm. I have bought 3 of his shifters and will not buy another brand.

No brainer after I bought it, I went a bit above and beyond and removed the downpipe to make things easier, and really took my time (and Advil, lots of Advil) and it took about 5 hours straight through. This was absolutely one of the best mods ever, I can understand why these are the only shifters you buy.

TMO Supporting Vendors