The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s197ford, a Ford employee, posted this over at TMS and I thought it was worth memorizing here regarding the first pre-production Bosses. The white and red GT's must have been the ones in the documentary.

"The 1st pre-production Boss that came down the assembly line at AAI was white. It was part of the TT build. The first Boss prototype w/ a 5.0L was a red 2011 GT prototype converted to a Boss (including the first Boss engine installed in a vehicle).
The first Boss prototype of any kind was a white 2010 GT prototype that had a 4.6L 3V w/ a bunch of Ford Racing parts to get the power up. It was used for vehicle dynamics work. "

Re: Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

PTRocks said:
These are the cars that are known to exist. Actually, I have found 764. Time will tell what the highest LS number actually is, the last ones were built Dec. 2nd and 3rd.

if they were going to make 750 LS's why would the numbers go over that? Are they counting preproduction ones in the count? What if those cars are scrapped or destroyed? Just curious.

Brian

I don't know why the numbers went over. There were 764 regular production LSes built. As of today, a further five pre-production cars have also been released for sale.
hotrodnut said:
Hey Rick, I have been reviewing and double checking my info. I have 3248 regular Bosses, and 764 LSes. On top of those, there appear to be two pre-production Bosses and two PP LSes that have made it out into the wild.

The last LS started production on Dec. 3rd, the last Boss on Dec. 23rd.

When I picked up my Boss I asked for the oasis report from the service department and it shows the actual build date of 01-03-2012 for #3248. I wonder when they will stop building the 2012's.

whats your door jamb sticker say?

12/11, that date is when the build order was made, right?

The oasis report is the actual date it comes off the assembly line.
. Don't no how to use this to well yet but I have the 2012 laguna seca mp 0019

BLAZN BOSS

When did the number of Yellow Blaze with black go up a quantity of 2?

BLAZN BOSS said:
When did the number of Yellow Blaze with black go up a quantity of 2?

It includes recently released PP/MP cars. The number is actually up by three, I need to update the information, and how it is presented. I have a current total of 29 pre-production cars released for sale.

2012... Just anything I know the car was sold from nc but on here it says it was in Mississippi and I bought it in tn. And it only has 360 miles on it so just some history on it and what options did it come with
Ford told me the recaro a the torsen the block heater and the covers and floor mats wonder if that's right? If so with the nq paint code it's one of five

TMunsey said:
2012... Just anything I know the car was sold from nc but on here it says it was in Mississippi and I bought it in tn. And it only has 360 miles on it so just some history on it and what options did it come with
Ford told me the recaro a the torsen the block heater and the covers and floor mats wonder if that's right? If so with the nq paint code it's one of five

I have your car as being originally invoiced to a dealer in Mississippi (somehow as an X-plan car, which shouldn't be possible). I last saw it on eBay in Indiana with 240 mi on the odo. Since it is a Mississippi car it did not come with the block heater from the factory.

GR8WYT

[Model Year] = 2012
[VIN - full vin or last six digits only] = 271287
[Boss or LS number] = Boss #2989
[Paint sequence number - from Boss owner's kit] =
[Build Date - from window sticker or door tag] = 12/01/11
[Build Date - from Boss owner's kit] =
[Blend Number - from window sticker or door tag] =
[Commit number - see pics] =
[Rapid Spec Option] = 500A
[Paint Colour] = Performance White
[Stripe Colour] = Black