The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2013 Boss 302 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great looking Red Boss! Where are you tracking your beast since you are in a State with plenty of fun tracks not too far from your home. Hope you are enjoying TMO and don't fail to ask questions or advice, you will get plenty of responses --- and some of them might even be correct , ha.

Best Wishes for plenty of asphalt destruction in 2022!

Last edited:
Great looking Red Boss! Where are you tracking your beast since you are in a State with plenty of fun tracks not too far away. Hope you are enjoying TMO and don't fail to ask questions or advice, you will get plenty of responses --- and some of them might even be correct , ha.

Best Wishes for plenty of asphalt destruction in 2022!
really wanting to hit VIR whenever i can. might need to upgrade some stuff before hand haha

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
really wanting to hit VIR whenever i can. might need to upgrade some stuff before hand haha
Agree. VIR has long straights which will work your brakes. Upgrade the fluids as a minimum. Depending upon the time of year, cooling may also be an issue. Removing your grill may help.
You will be hitting 140+ on the back stretch. Fun and eye opening all at the same time.

A smaller slower course before VIR may be a good idea also.

Agree. VIR has long straights which will work your brakes. Upgrade the fluids as a minimum. Depending upon the time of year, cooling may also be an issue. Removing your grill may help.
You will be hitting 140+ on the back stretch. Fun and eye opening all at the same time.

A smaller slower course before VIR may be a good idea also.
sounds like an absolute blast. Cant wait

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love the red, partly because it looks so good on the Boss and also because you rarely see one. It almost feels like a special edition because even when there is a Mustang Car Show or an event ( Like the Fast Fords and Mustang Roundup ) there are very few red Bosses that show up.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
BS1 is very correct, the Boss 302 is a surprise to so many drivers and it is very neutral in my estimation, right out of the box. Instructing in various cars and always a fan of M3s, one ride in a Boss 302 in 2012 blew me away. Having instructed a gentleman in an M3 a month prior, the 2 quick laps and two runs in an autocross ( a Ford Engineer let me drive his Boss ) at Motorsports Park Hastings ( racemph.com ) convinced me the Boss would easily outrun the M3. I decided then I needed a Boss 302 and I got my first one within a couple of months. Go play it's in it's DNA!

TMO Supporting Vendors