The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2016 California Special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of the new turn signals in the hood vents?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3p-8Cbv_Ezs

2016-ford-mustang-gt-inline1-photo-659057-s-original.jpg

tang-gt-convertible-california-special_100510141_l.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
WinterSucks said:
Seems like that would be too distracting for the driver and everyone else.

I don't think so...used to have similar lights on my Mopars. Not too different from having it on the side mirrors.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Yawn. Not worth the money over the regular GT.

Agreed on the GT/CS overall, and this isn't much different. It hasn't done anything for me on the retro cars, but I wouldn't mind a late 60's one.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
ArizonaBOSS said:
Yawn. Not worth the money over the regular GT.

Agreed, the CS package is an appearance package; and while a nice "factory" touch in terms of appearance if you care about performance why wouldn't you just order the Track/Performance Pack?

To each his own, but as Boss owners at a Boss site, it is pretty clear we all value performance :).

Its a bonus that the Boss is both distinctive and respectful of the 69-70 designs with all the styling cues of the 12-13s as well as a performance monster.

My '13 Boss is my 4th Mustang ( '88 GT, '96 Cobra, '06 GT before the Boss rolled into my garage ) and I had a C5 Z06 between the Cobra and the '06 GT and from a performance perspective the Boss trumps even the C5 Z06. Easily. And the exhaust note brings a smile to my face no matter how bad "the real world" was that day.

This is not a first for Mustang. 67/68 Mustangs had a similar approach. 69/70 Mach 1's had turn signal lights mounted on the back of hood scoop. I don't have a problem with the lights. I do have a problem with the size of the area where the lights are located. I also have a problem with the vent area on the 2013/2014 cars.
I replaced the factory hood on my BOSS, mainly because I thought the factory hood did nothing for the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors