The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2017 gt cranks but won’t start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was driving the car the other day and the car started struggling very hard to run and was mis firing super bad, car shut off and threw a wrench, and tons of codes and had to get car towed. Next day car still won’t start and only codes I’ve got so far are P0100 and p06e9 and they are the only ones coming back when I crank car over after clearing them. I went over it and found a rat had chewed injectors wires 5 and 6 and somewhat into the harness and all wires were in contact with each other possibly making a short. But I fixed all the wires and attempted to start and did not have any luck, have checked every last wire for any more damage, checked all fuses, relays, starter ground, changed out MAF, still have no lead. The car cranks over perfectly but just does not start, I have seen other forums on these codes but nothing in them has helped, thanks for anything!

Just for fun, look up the fuse for the fuel pumps and see if it is still functioning. It may look good but pull it anyway.
I would then go to the crank sensor and see if it is still alive.

Just for fun, look up the fuse for the fuel pumps and see if it is still functioning. It may look good but pull it anyway.
I would then go to the crank sensor and see if it is still alive.
I did use a test light on all fuses and they seemed to be fine, how would I test the crank sensor?

Did something like that such as timing, etc come up in a code?
I'm not the expert on the newer cars, I know you routinely unplug the cran sensor to run up oil pressure prior to a new engine start, and there have been several occaisions where that has been the cause on a functioning vehicle.

Did something like that such as timing, etc come up in a code?
I'm not the expert on the newer cars, I know you routinely unplug the cran sensor to run up oil pressure prior to a new engine start, and there have been several occaisions where that has been the cause on a functioning vehicle.
No I don’t remember seeing any timing codes, just sensor codes, but mainly the only code I can get to come back now is the p0100, I can’t get p06e9 to come up anymore, but I have another car I can still the sensor from so I’ll swap them and try that

TMO Supporting Vendors