The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2018 Lightning Blue GT350 - HPDE build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I currently drive with NASA AZ in HPDE4. I plan to stick with HPDE and not move into TT, but time will tell. I run about 5 weekends a year around the Phoenix area.

Current best lap times:
AMP CW - 1:49.976
AMP CCW - 1:48.622
WHP East - 1:01.13
WHP West CW - 1:10.167
WHP West CCW - 1:09.788
Inde CW Config 4 - 1:43.792
Inde CW Config 5 - 1:58.583

Current list of mods (12/30/2021):

Suspension:

Ford Performance springs and sway bars
Vorshlag camber plates - -1.95 F and -.9 rear (need more camber)

Brakes:
Cobalt Friction XR1/XR3
Castrol SRF brake fluid
Caliperfexion stud kit
Verus Engineering Brake Cooling Duct Kit

Wheels and Tires:
Apex SM-10 19x11 et52 square
OPMustang extended studs
OPMustang 25mm spacers
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 - 305/30/19

Engine:
Lethal Performance resonator delete

Interior/Safety:
Schroth Quick Fit Pro
Schroth SHR Flex

Future plans:
Run the current setup for the foreseeable future and just build up more seat time

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Friendsville, TN
Hey Nick,
Was wondering about your square setup.... I am focusing on HPDE events as well and want to go to run 305's all the way around, switching wheels and tires for track days. I have seen several people running 11" wheels all the way around but having to use spacers and longer studs on the front. You were able to put 305's on the stock front wheel size ok?

Hey Nick,
Was wondering about your square setup.... I am focusing on HPDE events as well and want to go to run 305's all the way around, switching wheels and tires for track days. I have seen several people running 11" wheels all the way around but having to use spacers and longer studs on the front. You were able to put 305's on the stock front wheel size ok?

Yes, for now I am running 305/30/19 on all 4 corners of my stock gt350 wheels. I have no problems with this even though I was initially worried with how wide the Supercar 3's are. The 305's are quite a bit wider than the stock PSS 305's and they looked massive compared to the 295 PSS's. But they fit without a problem and I have done a track weekend on them. They performed great and I plan on leaving them and continuing to run a square setup on my stock wheels even after I get the Apex wheels.

Hey Nick,
I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 - 305/30/19 square on apex 19x11.5’s sm-10 et56 and they look perfect on them. I have a 31mm spacer up front and need the gt4 studs from opmustang

TMO Supporting Vendors