The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
How do you like the trailer? Starting to plan for a 28ft Intech/ATC in the future
I love it. Aluminum so its light for its size. Well made. I am adding solar panels so I have power all the time. Adding carpet to the walls so I does not show wear when you load tools, tires etc. If you are considering tire racks, order them with the trailer.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Well it was a success…..car is bug free…..went out on track with the shelby tech, and the one thing he noticed while driving, my oil pressure was jumping 70-110 and its a known issue with plastic oil pan units. Suggestion, go to a gt500 oil pan and billet OPG. soooo thats the plan over winter. Car feels incredibly planted….
Never heard of that issue with the oil pressure jumping "because it's a plastic oil pan"... and never experienced any such thing on my car, even when my oil filter housing broke apart and slowly decided to spread my engine oil on the underside of my car, it just went down slowly and steadily.
Had you seen that happening before your crash and rebuild?

Never heard of that issue with the oil pressure jumping "because it's a plastic oil pan"... and never experienced any such thing on my car, even when my oil filter housing broke apart and slowly decided to spread my engine oil on the underside of my car, it just went down slowly and steadily.
Had you seen that happening before your crash and rebuild?
I have a aim solo 2 with smartycam 2.2 so i’ll load video. I have the camera on the roll bar facing forward so you can see the guage.

i never really watched it before to notice, but he did…..he said the gt500 oil pump has more consistent flow at 110psi, and the baffling in the gt500 oil pan is much better 🤷🏻‍♂️

TMO Supporting Vendors