The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2019 Magnetic GT350 Version 2.0 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sounds like a great way to spend the day. we're heading to Road America this weekend for some HPDE. Brainerd International the following weekend. Then its probably bed time for the winter!
I wish i could go but i will be in austin for motorgp this weekend.

Well everyone my seasons over…..cars going back to URW for refreshing of everything, giro discs front and rear…. Full cage, painted, with fire supressions, carbon fiber roof and doors….. i plan on doing the GT series at autobahn next year and get w2w ceetified.

will keep everyone in the loop as it happens.

Roofs off to do cage…..cf doors and roof shi;ped, watson cage is en route. Ordered sparco wheel with quick disconnect. Gt500 oil pan kit ordered.

2B83FCD3-C70C-4205-A5FB-C04E86187FD0.jpeg

thats the 500 above it getting custom cat delete pipes (no one sells em any,ore) pulley and tune.

Welp….carbonfiber doors came freight damaged…..the boxes looked like the beginning scene of ace ventura…..but the most disappointing thing has been the watson cage. The build quality is absolute garbage with 1/4’‘ gaps between joints, and the drivers side bar is so low they have to modify the entire cage. Id highly recommend against going with them moving forward as their customer service is laughable. The apillar tube is literally at my eye line.

(Not me in test seat)

3602C197-2012-4F73-BFAA-C33762DA7927.jpeg

BFCD889C-C108-4571-9B4A-0B2647FCCC6B.jpeg

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
If you're a taller feller, that seat spacing is unfortunately going to be your reality too. If you've got a really high spring rate, definitely wear your helmet because those side blows still really hurt.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Geez, Tony, that sucks big time! Hard to believe the build quality ( or lack there of ) and I can't imagine how much more you will need to spend to correct the situation?

TMO Supporting Vendors