The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 GT350 rear shock failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have a rear magnaride shock fail. This is on a 2020 around 3,500 miles. Noticed on my prep work before track day that I had some fluid/dust below the shock boot. Didn't know if it was actually coming from the shock or not so cleaned it all off so it was dry. After a couple hundred miles on track this is what it looks like now. Just seeing if anyone has experienced the same thing? Hoping the dealership just replaces it and doesn't give any hassle, but not sure what they look at to consider it a failure and cover it under warranty. It's not like it's dripping, but defiantly pushing some fluid out.

rear shock.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
I had that happen on my '18 gt350 after a hard bottom off track. Should be warrantied, I replaced mine with a salvage pair from ebay for about $100 ea.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel