The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2020 GT500 vs ZL1 1LE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the Mustang II had not existed, who knows if we would have seen the foxbody! The Mustang II is like the weird Aunt at the family reunion. At the end of the day, she's still family and part of the bloodline. I'm cool with it.

I never understood the hate for the Mustang II.

Not my cup of tea, but apparently neither did some guy named Joe Ruggirello.
1-1975-ford-mustang.jpg

Norm

not sure many here will know that guy..or a guy named Addison from Detroit.
those Mustang2s still had a decent front suspension, they've been used on countless street rods, cobras and dragsters for years, and arguably, they had a better rear suspension than the horrible "triangulated 4 link" of the Foxbody years..which Ford certainly got their money's worth out of that platform...the Mustang, Fairmont, T bird and a few others I don't recall.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I agree with blacksheep. The Mustang II front suspension alone and its benefits to the hot rodding world is worth having it. Plus, it was a better design overall and did advance the breed. The power was a victim of the times like plenty others in that era. The styling was really its only flaw, although I have seen some nice builds. They can be made to look good with some love. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind having this in my driveway...

http://www.mustangandfords.com/feat...t-mustang-ii-is-it-an-evolution-or-revolution

Mustang II track build rear.jpgMustang II track build.jpg

8FC7DE3E-7E21-4FF4-81E1-49A65520E2B2.jpeg

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Saw one of those the other day. It looks sinister, bad@$$, hellacious, sounds like thunder, and goes like stink. I have no doubt the GT500 will evoke a similar reaction. This is a great time to be a car guy.

TMO Supporting Vendors