The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302S competion bushing install help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0f090818510e9514171ea17c1c03e523.jpg

I bought the Boss 302S competion bushings. I'm confused about where they go. I get where the 2 go on the lcas. But where do the ones circled in yellow go?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. I'm still a little confused.

f7f0d9007b9a381ccf3a282fabd3983c.jpg

So, this comes off and the bushing with the bracket goes on? The oem looks so much beefier.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
BigTaco said:
Not to hi-Jack, but installing these bushings is simple if you also use the 302s control arms, right?
Yes very easy and $600. Which may be worth it after you remove the stock bushings.

Yes both the small and large stock bushings come off. The large one looks beefy but is a pillow compared to the urethane replacements. The big oil can leaves a shaft at the end and the smaller front one leaves the open ring to install into. There is a how to somewhere on the site. Another mod here is to press out the stock ball joints and install taller ball joints to correct roll center when lowering the front end. Watson has weld in collars for heavy duty rebuildable Howe ball joints or you can use Steeda X-11 joints that press back in. I used Steedas for a while but they wear out quickly under road course use.
Steve

Thanks Steve, when you say quickly, how quickly? Great, another part to buy.

steveespo said:
Yes very easy and $600. Which may be worth it after you remove the stock bushings.

Yes both the small and large stock bushings come off. The large one looks beefy but is a pillow compared to the urethane replacements. The big oil can leaves a shaft at the end and the smaller front one leaves the open ring to install into. There is a how to somewhere on the site. Another mod here is to press out the stock ball joints and install taller ball joints to correct roll center when lowering the front end. Watson has weld in collars for heavy duty rebuildable Howe ball joints or you can use Steeda X-11 joints that press back in. I used Steedas for a while but they wear out quickly under road course use.
Steve
yeah, $600.00 is nothing to sneeze at but to me it would be worth it due to the challenges of modifying stock arms to accept the Howe ball joints and delrin bushings. Plus, you have a realistic fall back (stock arms) should someone decide to sell the car or revert back to stock. If I ever decide to go this route, I'll be budgeting for the FPRP arms.....

TMO Supporting Vendors