The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

302S LCA (M-5649-S) NVH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Installed in the 302S LCA, with relocation brackets and T springs.

Took the car out for the first few drives this weekend. I notice a clunk, or rattle noise from the rear suspension over bumps. I don't notice any other noticable NVH. Is this normal? Everything looks and feels tight and I have re-checked everything with a torque wrench today.

Berol said:
Installed in the 302S LCA, with relocation brackets and T springs.

Took the car out for the first few drives this weekend. I notice a clunk, or rattle noise from the rear suspension over bumps. I don't notice any other noticable NVH. Is this normal? Everything looks and feels tight and I have re-checked everything with a torque wrench today.
Yep. The M-5649-R1s with urethane bushings are quieter but presumably flex more.

OK, thanks. I don't really mind the noise so much, it's mostly a track day car at this point anyways. I just wanted to make sure I didn't goon something up with the install of all of these parts at once.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
steveespo said:
Mine rattle over bumps too. Suprisingly we installed them in Pete in CT's car last spring and they didn't make noise.
Steve

That's cuz I'm special. ;D

Everything behind my seats is open and bare metal. I hear so much stuff coming from the rear of my car that I just ignore it all as long as it sounds the same as my previous run.

I am thinking of getting the FRPP LCA with polyurethane bushings, anybody has first hand experience with them? Function and NVH

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
13Boss#3328 said:
I am thinking of getting the FRPP LCA with polyurethane bushings, anybody has first hand experience with them? Function and NVH

I have them. Big improvement. Do rears also with relo brackets.

-Pete

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
13Boss#3328 said:

I have them. No issues.

One note. Ford did nave supplier issues where the wrong arm was packaged and shipped. I received a set. All you need to do is measure the ends to ensure you don't receive an older/incorrect set. The ends should be different sizes, about 1/2 inch wider on one end.

TMO Supporting Vendors