The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

3M headlight restorer review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
The headlights on my '02 Dodge Dakota got pretty dull/yellowed over the years, so I picked up a 3M headlight restoration kit (kit number 39008) on a black friday 25% off and free shipping sale from my preferred online retailer.
http://3mauto.com/3m-headlight-lens-restoration-system-39008.html
It worked great, and took about 45 minutes to do both headlights.
The kit starts with 2 grits of sanding discs, then an abrasive pad used with a bit of water, then polish compound on a foam pad.
Amazing how well it worked. My headlights were way worse than I thought. My low beams now reach further than my high beams did.
3M makes several kits, with varying amounts of abrasive discs, compounds, etc, depending on how bad the headlights are dulled/yellowed.
Lots of choices out there, but 3M worked great for my pickup.

its worth a try to use the buffer 1st. along with the compound most of the cars i have done the headlights look great

TMO Supporting Vendors