The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 3rd times a charm 2021 GT500 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
@Tonymustang302 still working on the recap of the weekend? Lol. This inquiring mind wants to know.
I saw you guys got a session in but don’t know if the plan was only one unless I missed another session you guys were in. Hopefully no mechanical issues

COTA is a humbling track. The back straight is bumpy as hell, the braking zone at turn one has a huge bump……but it was a surreal experience. Kevin talked me into treating this as a shakedown trip….i didn’t do sim prep, this was the first time with the car, the lines after the esses are a mind f$ck…..but in all the car has immense potential. We missed practice because the car wasnt 100% ready friday. The SSR guys drove 14hrs after me for track support. Saturday SSR took the car out for a shakedown and ran a 2:21, the exhaust hanger broke…which tells u how bumpy it is. I went out after, again with literally no experience on a new car/competing, and ran a 2:34 because it kept not wanting to shift out of 3rd.
sunday SSR took the car out first session with the new tune on cold 3r’s and the left rear locked up and im thankful to God he saved it. I just daw a cloud of smoke at ahout 150mph but hes an incredible driver and saved it…..but the 3r’s were so badly damaged the weekend was done.

the car absolutely had enough in it to win the class….this was an amazing experience and im happy as hell to see what this car will do in gridlife. SSR dropped everything, to come spend the weekend helping. All 3 cars were supposed to come but only i made it. So much happened the 2 weeks up to the event, the wrap guy screwed up the car, forgeline messed up the spare rims, tuner taking his sweet time but in all great weekend. Below are videos of my run I had to abandon cuz it got stuck in 3rd after the carousel.

I will for sure be going back next year way more prepared. I cant thank @honeybadger enough for hanging out and helping with track support/driving support and SSR built an unreal track car for the class

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
COTA is a humbling track. The back straight is bumpy as hell, the braking zone at turn one has a huge bump……but it was a surreal experience. Kevin talked me into treating this as a shakedown trip….i didn’t do sim prep, this was the first time with the car, the lines after the esses are a mind f$ck…..but in all the car has immense potential. We missed practice because the car wasnt 100% ready friday. The SSR guys drove 14hrs after me for track support. Saturday SSR took the car out for a shakedown and ran a 2:21, the exhaust hanger broke…which tells u how bumpy it is. I went out after, again with literally no experience on a new car/competing, and ran a 2:34 because it kept not wanting to shift out of 3rd.
sunday SSR took the car out first session with the new tune on cold 3r’s and the left rear locked up and im thankful to God he saved it. I just daw a cloud of smoke at ahout 150mph but hes an incredible driver and saved it…..but the 3r’s were so badly damaged the weekend was done.

the car absolutely had enough in it to win the class….this was an amazing experience and im happy as hell to see what this car will do in gridlife. SSR dropped everything, to come spend the weekend helping. All 3 cars were supposed to come but only i made it. So much happened the 2 weeks up to the event, the wrap guy screwed up the car, forgeline messed up the spare rims, tuner taking his sweet time but in all great weekend. Below are videos of my run I had to abandon cuz it got stuck in 3rd after the carousel.

I will for sure be going back next year way more prepared. I cant thank @honeybadger enough for hanging out and helping with track support/driving support and SSR built an unreal track car for the class

“One of these hot rod Mustangs” says the commentator in the video ?
Pardon my French but, no shiznit !!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So the commentator thinks Tony is a nut behind the wheel does he? Well, that means we at TMO will have to give our friend a proper name to honor his craziness, his nuttiness, his madness, so pick your choice for Tony's new intimidating race name:
a) Tony la Noce ( the nut )
b) Tony la Nocciola ( the hazelnut ) Kind of the Gentleman of nuts!
c) Tony il Matto ( the madman )
d) Chi-town Tony

Make your choices because Tony has a fast hot rod or so we have all been told by a semi professional announcer.
Great press for our Tony il Mustangio and cool pics of the beast -- congrats !!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
We are re-doing it cuz the guy that did it, did a horrible job…..like…..hellen kellar put it on. But that is the design.

steve was saying that may be the wrap for all the cars but the front white will be different colors to differentiate them

TX
We are re-doing it cuz the guy that did it, did a horrible job…..like…..hellen kellar put it on. But that is the design.

steve was saying that may be the wrap for all the cars but the front white will be different colors to differentiate them
Tony - just show them a picture of the door handles. I don't think how bad the wrap install can be overstated, ha.

Also - if there's no pink sparkle in the white on V2 I'm going to be very disappointed. Also - like Matt said, hearts on the center caps

TMO Supporting Vendors