The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

78k miles, time for front control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daily driver since delivered, April 2013, including NY winters on studded snows. I have been getting a ton of tramlining and squirming under braking this past year and I think it's time to do my front control arms.

Question - I see that there are 2 part numbers for OEM 2014 front control arms:

CR3Z-3078/3079-D for 2014 GTs and GT500s built before 7/22/13;
ER3Z-3078/3079-A for 2014 GT500s built after 7/22/13.

Both come with bushings installed.The later GT500 control arms are 10 dollars cheaper a side. Are the later GT500 the same/better or will there be any issue installing them on my 2014 GT? Thanks in advance.

I would get the correct part # for your application. The $ 20 saved won't be worth it if there is a major difference. Don't forget to replace your fasteners to. Those NY winters are hard on fasteners to. It's worth the piece of mind.

By the way, I checked. No major differences, one is a later production. The ball joints changed back in 2009 but otherwise, go by when your car was produced.

TMO Supporting Vendors