The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

8.8 track pack inner pinion bearing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently pulled a rear end from a 2008 Bullitt, thinking the 3.73's would be the perfect companion for my T56 Magnum. It needed a rebuild, so I thought I'd just put new gears and a T2R in it. Turns out the Bullett's use the larger pinion bearing too...

To clarify this, the road race bearing and the regular bearing are the same dimensions, the road race bearing has extra rollers. This is why when you buy a bearing from NAPA it says it will fit the road race application, physically, it will, but it has less rollers.

TMO Supporting Vendors