The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 #95 mustang Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Gilbert SC
Well I have decided to move forward with the removal of the interior and install a full cage. I ordered one from Trackspec. I currently have a Watson 4 point roll bar and kept full interior to meet SCCA street car restrictions, but the past few years I have been doing TT events with NASA. To max out the TT3 class with the tires I have been using I can drop nearly 200lbs and stay in TT3. My plan is to build the car to meet NASA ST3, then if the itch is too great to go wheel to wheel racing I will be one step ahead of the game. The other reason on the full cage is general safety. As lap times have been coming down it is only a matter of time till one of the little spins I have had so far is a much worse problem.

I usually start into a project and forget to slow down and take pictures along the way but I will try to document as much of this as I can, so hopefully it will help someone down the road.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
TT is fun, W2W is an intense riot! I miss the mental challenge and tactics of W2W, but the old bod means it is difficult for me to do some little work between daily races, so TT it is for now. It is still a good time doing Time Trials but once you start galloping your Pony past a bunch of asses ( dual meaning ) you will be hot to trot every weekend you can race. Keep us posted on the build and congrats.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Gilbert SC
Not much accomplished this past week end. I have discovered that there is a lot more wiring and electronic gizmos in this, than the older stuff I have worked on in the past.

IMG_6307.jpg

I need to come up with a plan to locate the door release handles into the bare door somehow and figure out what to do with the electric mirrors. My thought was to just leave a plug inside the door I can plug that module into if and when i need to adjust the mirrors. I cant think of a time I have needed to move them since I set my seat in the car but hate to not have that option going forward. If anyone has pictures of what they did for door release handles I would love to see it.

TMO Supporting Vendors