The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ABS problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
OK, I've got all the crap to do the job, now. I'll try to get the ABS block (and J&M stainless lines while I'm at it...) on and working this weekend. I hate the break the lines open, because it's always a biznitch to get the thing bled as well as the factory, but I'll give it a whirl.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Atlanta Georgia
So the code U0415 finally popped up for invalid data received from ABS. Does anyone know where I can start looking so I can fix it? Thanks

Last edited:
So the code U0415 finally popped up for invalid data received from ABS. Does anyone know where I can start looking so I can fix it? Thanks
That may require a dealer to look at it. Quick look at the shop manual (for a '15 MY) its a communication code for the steering rack receiving data from the ABS unit. If you clear it, does the ABS light stay lit?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Atlanta Georgia
That may require a dealer to look at it. Quick look at the shop manual (for a '15 MY) its a communication code for the steering rack receiving data from the ABS unit. If you clear it, does the ABS light stay lit?
Yes it stays on then goes off. Also air bag, hill assist and parking assist come on

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Atlanta Georgia
Airbags are on HS2 can network along with ABS and steering rack. Abs controls hill assist and parking assist hence those messages.
Are all modules in the car the ones that it shipped from the factory with? Or any replaced modules?
It’s all the stock modules. I’m guessing it might be a module, sensor or wheel bearing. I’ve been racing the car for years so I’m guessing something finally gave in.

Yeah clean any metal shavings off the wheel speed sensors, can’t hurt. But U codes are almost always deeper than that since they’re a break in communication or data between modules on a network. If you send me your vin I can look up the diagnostic procedure for the code on your car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Atlanta Georgia
Yeah clean any metal shavings off the wheel speed sensors, can’t hurt. But U codes are almost always deeper than that since they’re a break in communication or data between modules on a network. If you send me your vin I can look up the diagnostic procedure for the code on your car.
1FA6P8CF6G5259115 is the vin#
What do you think it will most likely be?

Really interested to see your results. Waiting patiently...
Your problem is probably not the ABS module but the Traction Control system. When you turn it off it is not really off. It runs in background and command ABS module to modulate brakes when certain parameters (unknown except to Ford) are met. You have to isolate ABS module from traction control system for your problem to go away.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Keep us posted

OK, so all of the mechanical bits are changed over. Stainless lines, a little friskier pad for the front and the GT500 ABS unit. The ABS is throwing a fault which shuts off AdvancTrac. I can't do an ABS bleed, because it doesn't recognize the module.

It'd be great if someone with some ForScan knowledge could shed a little light on how to get these things to play.

We've used some generic ones and then look up the code numbers in the manual as the description from the reader might not be 100% accurate. Also have used a high level Matco scanner as well. Usually you need to select which module it scans at one time.
I don't know about S550 but I know on S197 you can 100% disable traction control and keep ABS if you disconnect CAN bus high line running to ABS module. I've done it and it works.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
I don't know about S550 but I know on S197 you can 100% disable traction control and keep ABS if you disconnect CAN bus high line running to ABS module. I've done it and it works.

The S550 lash-up is a lot more inter-connected.

So does anyone have any way to send a note to the ForScan people? The morons don't have a single contact link on the entire site (regardless of the 'Contact Us' tab on the home page, which provides everything but...), but require an access code to get on their forum.

So you have to speak to us before asking a question, but we have no function for you to actually speak to us prior to you speaking to us to gain access to forum to ask a question. Got that?

OK, so all of the mechanical bits are changed over. Stainless lines, a little friskier pad for the front and the GT500 ABS unit. The ABS is throwing a fault which shuts off AdvancTrac. I can't do an ABS bleed, because it doesn't recognize the module.

It'd be great if someone with some ForScan knowledge could shed a little light on how to get these things to play.

the Vin is stored in the ABS module. You can change it with Forscan. Do that and the U codes should go away and you should be able to do a service bleed. I had to do this when I did my engine swap and it worked.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
the Vin is stored in the ABS module. You can change it with Forscan. Do that and the U codes should go away and you should be able to do a service bleed. I had to do this when I did my engine swap and it worked.

So I have to have the VIN of the car that this ABS unit started life? That might be about impossible.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Also, does anyone know where the bloody code is for the stereo? It's not in the glove box.

In the V6L
So I have to have the VIN of the car that this ABS unit started life? That might be about impossible.
The VIN in the ABS module has to match the VIN in the BCM and ECU. That's the VIN of the car you've installed it in.

The issue you might run into is that the S550 GT500 ABS module may be looking for CAN messages that your car doesn't send. That'll be harder to fix.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
Any idea about *where* in ForScan you change things? All my Modules seem to have the correct VIN, but I haven't seen anything which is specifically ABS.

TMO Supporting Vendors