The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ABS problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
"The adapter is NOT recommended for this car" could be an important clue to why you're having problems getting Forscan to work. Get one of these and start over: https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/

The S550 has four separate CAN busses - HS1, HS2, HS3 and MS. All of the modules on the list in your screen picture are on HS1. None of the other busses are showing up. The ABS is on HS2, and if your adapter can't see HS2, then that explains why you can't see ABS on Forscan's screen.

Until you get a new adapter, you can't bleed the ABS module. If you put the GT500 module back in, it'll probably work.

Update: Here's my car's bus arrangement showing which module is on which bus - it's available on the top button on the screen, the yellow circle with the letter "i" in it, on the "Modules" tab:

1653435722660.png

I have a Ford VCM2 that I use for this, and it can see everything on the car.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
"The adapter is NOT recommended for this car" could be an important clue to why you're having problems getting Forscan to work. Get one of these and start over: https://www.obdlink.com/products/obdlink-mxp/

Ordered. I appreciate the help. I was just lost on the ForScan adapter, but at least now I understand why.

I really think I can make this thing work. The actual labor involved in the change over isn't bad. It's just the bleed that takes a while (I did manual bleeds).

I changed to stainless lines when doing this work. Even without being able to do the ABS bleed, the pedal is good and firm. I talked to Ford Performance, but their skirt blew up in their face and they started mumbling about liability. I didn't get much.

This project is just in hiatus. It's not completely shelved.

TMO Supporting Vendors