The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aftermarket Adjustable UCA - Added NVH & Poly Bushing Issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Fiddler49 said:
So to distill down what I'm getting out of this discussion is that poly bushing UCA's:
  • could see failure of the poly bushing with road track use
  • could cause failure of the stock diff bushing with road track use
  • could be marginally useful on the drag strip (may be extrapolating here)
If this is the case, then why are there so many different flavors on the market? Why was Steeda so adamant that I needed an adjustable UCA to correct pinion angle? Am I just a sucker for marketing hype??? :eek:
No Not a sucker.
The Poly bushing, like most parts is a tradeoff between durability, utility and comfort.
I will likely change to a poly bushing. Will I "Set it and Forget it"? No. I will need to add the bushing to my list of items to check on for durability.

Why they insist that a adjustable UCA is needed to adjust pinion angle?? They are right, IF the angle is off. Properly designed parts can modify ride height and adjust pinion angle without the need for an adjustable UCA. If you are also asking why a manufacturer wants you to buy more parts.....If think you already have your answer.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
You got to get under there and grease these things anyway so checking the bushing should just be part of the routine. TMS is correct, it becomes another consumable item. The more often you track the car, the more often you should be checking. Yep, call me Captain Obvious! I took at look at mine yesterday and it looks fine after two track days of use and 900 miles of street use since March. Pinion angle with my DSS hasn't changed since installation (minus 2 degrees). Did have a slightly loose jam nut so I reapplied a bit of blue Loctite and firm it up. Took a grease gun to both my UCA and LCAs but it didn't take much.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel