The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 AJ Hartman Aero's GT350 Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since yours is a Mag Ride you will eventually need these if you are going to do anything more than stockish rates and aero.

Dave

i have 2 sets of sims im selling if you want.

Since yours is a Mag Ride you will eventually need these if you are going to do anything more than stockish rates and aero.

Dave
Didn't know they were a thing. Thanks for sharing!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Apart of the electronic gremlins... Just noticed that you have the Super sports. Could be that they are old, mine lost traction and became hard after two years. You can turn all the nannies of with a good tune. for example a AED tune will leave them off completly

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
In sport mode the nannies will definitely get in the way of a good time. Track mode has been good for me.

Don't give up on the car yet. Find the Sensor issue and then decide where you go next.

The off at 10 had to be a surprise. I imagine the computer added right rear brake at a very bad time.

Apart of the electronic gremlins... Just noticed that you have the Super sports. Could be that they are old, mine lost traction and became hard after two years. You can turn all the nannies of with a good tune. for example a AED tune will leave them off completly
Yeah, they are pretty hard, and oddly enough the rears seems harder than the fronts by a simple fingernail test.

In sport mode the nannies will definitely get in the way of a good time. Track mode has been good for me.

Don't give up on the car yet. Find the Sensor issue and then decide where you go next.

The off at 10 had to be a surprise. I imagine the computer added right rear brake at a very bad time.
Yeah it would make sense thinking its at 244 mph and but the rest were at 90ish and feeling some amount of G's it freaked out. Who knows. But definitely not giving up on the car. Still have some big plans.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I second the AED tune...

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Nothing worse then being on your best lap... and then the cars nannies come on by themselves thinking you have lost control of the car. Though I imagine a GT350s nannies are a whole lot better then a S197.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Nothing worse then being on your best lap... and then the cars nannies come on by themselves thinking you have lost control of the car. Though I imagine a GT350s nannies are a whole lot better then a S197.
This is very interesting...I wonder if I can use this device to troubleshoot my ABS?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Your engine swap went along with the ford control pack or a used S550 pcm?
Control pack for the motor and the stock 3 valve ecu was retained for the ABS but somewhere something isn't talking to something else because the brakes are sh!t on this thing.

In the V6L
You'll need to pull "the plug" on this car. Literally. It's under the hood on the driver's side on top of the wheel arch beside or behind the cold air box. It's the power supply for the stability control - I'd post a picture but my car's not available right now. It's just a little black plug with a jumper across the pins.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
You'll need to pull "the plug" on this car.
AJ showed the plug in one of his follow up videos.

I run mine in Track Mode and have no issues with nannies. In sport mode, the car decides when its OK to accelerate. I'm not a big fan of that.

Just some random stuff with the GT350 to get ready for my next track day with it. I haven't had a "new" car since I built my 99 into what it is and crazy how quick a learning curve is when you just get a new chassis. I'm pretty sure I'm figuring out relatively well know stuff still but its all new to me.

Got the car out to a second track day. Was much more prepared and started to have fun with the car. Still slow as shiznit. I'm literally 10 seconds a lap faster in my other car with 150 less HP, but much more grip, aero, and a little less weight. I have some big plans this winter for sure.

Been moving along on my front aero. Canards are done and available on my site. Splitter blade is done but need to figure out a mounting solution along with an air dam. I'll do one version that will be a vertical dam that bumps up against the 350R splitter similar to others on the market. I'll also do my own entire front air dam that replaces the R splitter (similar to our 2015-2017 GT splitters). This will be a lighter setup, coupled with eliminating the need to have to buy a 350R splitter. I'll eventually get into a setup with our splitter tunnels and side plates and really start pushing the aero. I'll be headed to the wind tunnel in just over a month so gotta get one of every wing we make for the car done by then. And yes, we will do a video of it.
GOPR2190.JPGGOPR2189.JPGGOPR2188.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors