The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 AJ Hartman Aero's GT350 Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@AJ Hartman can you please shed some light on the splitter wind fences and if you will be selling them separately? I’ve had adding spats onto my splitter on my to do list for white some time but am still trying to understand these wind fences and determine if they or spats would be a better option.

As some of you may or may not know, I've been to the wind tunnel several times now with Al Watson from RaceLouvers. After seeing their hood louvers produce more downforce and have a larger pressure drop through the radiator than any other companies or designs, the choice was easy for me when it came time to install louvers on my GT350.

@AJ Hartman can you please shed some light on the splitter wind fences and if you will be selling them separately? I’ve had adding spats onto my splitter on my to do list for white some time but am still trying to understand these wind fences and determine if they or spats would be a better option.
Yeah. Splitter side plates have been on my website for a while now. I've seen "spats" used to reference several aero bits in that area of the bumper so not knowing exactly what you are referencing (tire blocker, canard, rear fence?) and their design and how much room you have to work with I can't reference which may be better without other information.

Yeah. Splitter side plates have been on my website for a while now. I've seen "spats" used to reference several aero bits in that area of the bumper so not knowing exactly what you are referencing (tire blocker, canard, rear fence?) and their design and how much room you have to work with I can't reference which may be better without other information.

Ah sorry, tire blockers. Didn't realize spat was a more generic term. Use case is a regular 15-17 GT with a splitter 4" wider than the bumper at the fender well, and wheels that stick out nearly to splitter edge due to 3.5* camber.

And dug some more and found the side plates on your site.

Finally back on this project. After my last video of installing hood louvers, a need for an air box lid (since the filter is now open from above) was needed. I wasn't 100% sure what way I wanted to do this, but it seems to be a fairly common thing people need a solution to. So I'm gonna do a 4 part series from initial 3D scanning the airbox area, all the way to finished carbon fiber part. Heres part 1.

Heres another scan video for some top secret stuff also in the pipeline.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
How long until these are on the site with a price?

Was going to try and 3D print my own, but after watching this it's probably just better to pay the man with the skills.

Omg im ordering this right now….

@AJ Hartman do you make the front splitter for non r front splitter? Also my futuras bed is 81’’ wide, do you know total width?
Yes. Our splitter kit will work with base GT350 and GT350R splitters. And our "standard" size is 78.5" wide, but since we make them in house, can customize if needed. My enclosed trailer is about 81" at the wheel wells and load the car with the splitter attached but you'll definitely want someone to watch, or in my case, put a line on the floor of my trailer 1" off the trailers wheel well and lean out the window when driving on and make sure the splitter is right on that line and know it will fit.

Yes. Our splitter kit will work with base GT350 and GT350R splitters. And our "standard" size is 78.5" wide, but since we make them in house, can customize if needed. My enclosed trailer is about 81" at the wheel wells and load the car with the splitter attached but you'll definitely want someone to watch, or in my case, put a line on the floor of my trailer 1" off the trailers wheel well and lean out the window when driving on and make sure the splitter is right on that line and know it will fit.
Awesome, what about this one

59DE878E-6C5F-457C-9E9B-36A3EF827E8D.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors