The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 AJ Hartman Aero's GT350 Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea I would definitely like to see all the work you’ve been doing implemented on the GT. Would be great since all the good stuff is usually only made for the GT350/R. I am in Maryland near Baltimore. I plan to visit VIR twice this year(most likely second half of the year). If you still haven’t found a car, I will volunteer my car for whatever you need. When I register for an event there, I will let you know.

I was wondering the same as I am also on BMR springs but going to height adjustable rears will allow you to corner balance and in turn provide better performance. So might be worth doing anyways?
Yeah, reach out when you'll be at VIR. I'm close enough where I may just come hang out anyway. And yes, our kit will allow height and corner balance adjustment as well as the ease of changing spring rates and many spring rate options.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
Hello all. We’ve just installed AJ’s height adjustable spring perches front and rear on my car. I only have a few road miles since the install, and I won’t be on track again for a few weeks. I’ll provide an update after my track event, but so far I’m hyped about the possibilities. The parts are first rate quality and design. Installation is totally manageable with hand tools and a spring compressor (fronts).

Humming along with several consecutive projects at a time. Some may be turned into videos and some I'm just gonna nock out. I've finalized the mag ride coilover conversions and production pieces showed up. Several are out and already ran in anger on track. I'm working on making myself solid spherical bushings along with adjustable sway bar end links. I've decided to remove the E brake and wanted to remove the OEM cast iron backing plate so some E brake shims were cut and will save just over an extra 5lbs in the rear. Not much but easy weight savings. Made a mold of the oil filter trap door and turned into carbon. This is the precursor to molding and making a carbon fiber GT350 under tray. Whats cool is since the front subframes are essentially the same among all S550's, it can easily attach to any S550...I think. I'm also exploring options to fit my brakes under 18" wheels cause I'm leaning towards turning the GT350 into an American Iron car.

IMG_7070.JPGIMG_7082.JPGswaybar link front.PNGswaybar link rear.PNGIMG_7077.JPGIMG_7091.JPGIMG_7096.JPGIMG_7098.JPGIMG_7099.JPGIMG_7100.JPG

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
Hello all. We’ve just installed AJ’s height adjustable spring perches front and rear on my car. I only have a few road miles since the install, and I won’t be on track again for a few weeks. I’ll provide an update after my track event, but so far I’m hyped about the possibilities. The parts are first rate quality and design. Installation is totally manageable with hand tools and a spring compressor (fronts).

Post-event Follow-up:
  • Corner balancing was straightforward
  • When we scaled it, we found a substantial difference in cross weights
  • We were able to resolve the disparity mostly through adjustments on the rear
  • The car was significantly easier to drive at the limit
  • The car was also quicker, but there were other changes as well so it’s hard to quantify
Conclusion: I would absolutely recommend this change to any Magneride S550 owner

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Finally got a chance to take not only the GT350 out, I got the racecar out as well.
When you went to the stiffer rear sway bar setting, I was surprised that you also took a bit of rear wing out. I was thinking you were stiffening the rear sway bar to loosen the rear at low speed like you wanted, but that you'd dial in a bit more rear wing so the high-speed balance that you seemed okay with stayed the same. Or were you just trying stuff out?

When you went to the stiffer rear sway bar setting, I was surprised that you also took a bit of rear wing out. I was thinking you were stiffening the rear sway bar to loosen the rear at low speed like you wanted, but that you'd dial in a bit more rear wing so the high-speed balance that you seemed okay with stayed the same. Or were you just trying stuff out?
Kinda trying stuff out but the car also felt a bit tight in high speed stuff as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors