The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any canadians out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Currently the BGB Porsche hauler is stuck at the border on the way to Mosport because their paperwork is hosed up.
If you have any ideas plz PM me ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
BTW Kohr will not be in Canada

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Bummed to hear KOHR isn't coming. I live 15 minutes from the track and will be out there this weekend. Was looking forward to seeing the GT4 'stangs live.
I have nothing to offer on the border crossing problem. The only idea I have is getting a broker to do border crossing clearance in advance of getting to the border is a good idea, if they still even have brokers these days. Been a long time since I did commercial border crossing and like everything else in this country it's probably all bureaucrated to death these days.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
So there were a couple of Mustang GT4s there today so at least got to see them on track. It's clear that IMSA has no BOP love for Ford, that's about the kindest thing I can say. MB was in a different class than everything else, finished 1-2 and controlled the race start to finish. Call me a cynic, but I think BOP is just a way to play pick a winner. Or punish entities that are perceived as not being onside with the powers that be. Not what I call good racing.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Alberta
Currently the BGB Porsche hauler is stuck at the border on the way to Mosport because their paperwork is hosed up.
If you have any ideas plz PM me ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
BTW Kohr will not be in Canada
What's the issue on the paperwork? Did you get it sorted out? A couple of months ago I had a bit of a challenge at the border when I bought my 2013 BOSS 302s, purchased on a bill of sale, and it did not include a Title or Certificate of Origin. These Ford factory race cars were considered a "part" when originally sold by Ford so they never had a Title or Certificate of Origin. The US Customs and Border Patrol wouldn't export the car unless I had some "proper" documentation in addition to the Bill of Sale.

I was able to get the "proper" documentation thanks to help of autoexports.us . If it wasn't for their help and recommendations I don't think I would have been able to bring the car into Canada.

QSS

What's the issue on the paperwork? Did you get it sorted out? A couple of months ago I had a bit of a challenge at the border when I bought my 2013 BOSS 302s, purchased on a bill of sale, and it did not include a Title or Certificate of Origin. These Ford factory race cars were considered a "part" when originally sold by Ford so they never had a Title or Certificate of Origin. The US Customs and Border Patrol wouldn't export the car unless I had some "proper" documentation in addition to the Bill of Sale.

I was able to get the "proper" documentation thanks to help of autoexports.us . If it wasn't for their help and recommendations I don't think I would have been able to bring the car into Canada.

QSS
It was a song and dance but they got it in, late.

If there's a WILL, there's a way most times.............................all stupid obstacle aside....................congrats on your perseverance.....both of you!!!!!!!!!.....Heaven forbid a Mustang gets smuggled in illegally..................My Boss is in the garage laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
it was BGB who I worked for last year, they got through late, then finished 7th, their best finish so far, so good for them

TMO Supporting Vendors