The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any musicians out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
yup

167102_492794303534_823543534_6096807_8126435_n.jpg

My Dad insisted I learn to play the accordian back in the early 60's...just before the Beatles stormed the scene.........It was going to be my ticket to fame and fortune!!! I have to admit I became very good at playing the accordion as time went by ( bellow shakes and all)....Dad even bought Me an electric one with an amp and I blasted "Hey Jude" to our neighborhood one afternoon....Those one hour practices every day (Ma would set the minute minder timer) were BRUTAL!!!.....But this was paving the way to my future stardom....Lawrence Welk are you out there?!?!?! All parents out there PLEASE listen to this.............. unless your child expresses a desire to learn to play an instrument .........Don't push the issue...............................................................................

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
My Dad insisted I learn to play the accordian back in the early 60's...just before the Beatles stormed the scene.........It was going to be my ticket to fame and fortune!!! I have to admit I became very good at playing the accordion as time went by....Dad even bought Me an electric one with an amp and I blasted "Hey Jude" to our neighborhood one afternoon....Those one hour practices every day (Ma would set the minute minder timer) were BRUTAL!!!.....But this was paving the way to my future stardom....Lawrence Welk are you out there?!?!?! All parents out there PLEASE listen to this.............. unless your child expresses a desire to learn to play an instrument .........Don't push the issue...............................................................................
Haha...I played clarinet in grade school. One day my mom came in the room to find me playing video games, with a recording of me practicing clarinet blasting on my stereo. She said "that explains why you aren't getting any better".

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
F944856B-D449-4EFE-87BF-F3C401F7B8F8.jpeg

You gotta be kidding me!!
That is flippin stupendous.

Man, I've been 'in the doghouse' before, but on it???

Kinda gives a new meaning to stand up bass! 😆

I feel rather sorry for your endpin unless you reinforced the tail block, but that is pretty phenomenal. Good thing it's not an octobass, you'd need rappelling gear.

While I have yet to master fretless, I've always kinda wanted a double bass, I just don't really relish the thought of lugging it to gigs. (Don't tell me you fit that in your Stang)

I can't see this without a dozen memes shooting through my head!
I've got to share that with my bandmates, fun will ensue.

With those kind of antics, I bet you put on one crazy show.
I wanna see vids!
Rock on buddy.
Grego~

F944856B-D449-4EFE-87BF-F3C401F7B8F8.jpeg

You gotta be kidding me!!
That is flippin stupendous.

Man, I've been 'in the doghouse' before, but on it???

Kinda gives a new meaning to stand up bass! 😆

I feel rather sorry for your endpin unless you reinforced the tail block, but that is pretty phenomenal. Good thing it's not an octobass, you'd need rappelling gear.

While I have yet to master fretless, I've always kinda wanted a double bass, I just don't really relish the thought of lugging it to gigs. (Don't tell me you fit that in your Stang)

I can't see this without a dozen memes shooting through my head!
I've got to share that with my bandmates, fun will ensue.

With those kind of antics, I bet you put on one crazy show.
I wanna see vids!
Rock on buddy.
Grego~
LOL!
The band leader makes me do it, like a carnival hawker with an organ grinder yelling out “dance monkey! Make me my money!”

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
Any other musicians out there?
I played a gig in Manassas last week at 2-Silos brewery, here are a couple pics.

View attachment 79633

View attachment 79634
Every time I see this pic, I just stare at your axe. It loooks light weight, but looks can be deceiving.
I have to ask, is that a sunburst Marmitecaster? 🤔
Kinda like some sort of hybrid Danelectro - Tele?
And is there a bridge lipstick pickup under your right hand?
Been wondering for a while, thought I'd just ask...😏

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Fabman, I think it would be hilarious if you put a small fire extinguisher next to your mic stand when you wear that shirt! Seriously.

Ya know...in case your Les Paul starts smokin or sumfin..😜
This was a rock and roll theme show for a large corporate function, so the promoter told us to “play it up”, hence the shirt and other props etc. not shown. The overall production and decorations for this show was incredible.

29070D5D-5293-4398-BE8C-70503457EA3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Every time I see this pic, I just stare at your axe. It loooks light weight, but looks can be deceiving.
I have to ask, is that a sunburst Marmitecaster? 🤔
Kinda like some sort of hybrid Danelectro - Tele?
And is there a bridge lipstick pickup under your right hand?
Been wondering for a while, thought I'd just ask...😏
Hey Grego,
I get a lot of questions about that. People want to know how I get so much sound out of what looks like a "crusty ol' guitar". :D

It is a '60's Fender Tele Re-issue. The neck feel and solidity of that guitar are fantastic. I replaced the stock (noisy) pickups with Seymour Duncan li'l '59 / stack https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/little-59-tele-set
The neck pickup gets the best cleans I've every played, especially for blues through a Dr. Z or the clean channel on my Friedman BE50DLX and the mini humbucker is really versatile. This guitar is my main workhorse. I play everything from cleans like 'Santeria' to heavy stuff like 'Vertigo'.
Here's a link from the last show we did. The sound sucks because "iPhone mic": https://www.linkedin.com/posts/the-...hW?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
My other guitars are a 2022 Fender Acoustisonic and a '98 Ibanez RG (Fujigen). The RG has Seymour Duncan 'Pearly Gates'. Those Marshall 2x12 cabs have blended Vintage 30's and Creambacks in them. They sound great through either the Friedman or the Marshall (though the Friedman is the bomb-diggity). I think it might be the nicest thing I have ever owned (and that includes my Mustang) :eek:
1669738238889.png

And for anyone in the NoVA / DC area...Dec 14, we're playing a little gig at the Lost Rhino brewery. Come on by!

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
This was a rock and roll theme show for a large corporate function, so the promoter told us to “play it up”, hence the shirt and other props etc. not shown. The overall production and decorations for this show was incredible.

View attachment 81519
Sounds like all the extra work really paid off. Isn't it fun when you have a gig you can ham up? You can get away with goofy stuff you'd never try in a more serious setting.
(But then on the other hand, if you goof something up in a serious setting, HAM IT UP!! ) 😜

Man I wish I had a big poster of Herman Frehley, I'd hang him right next to Farrah.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
Hey Grego,
I get a lot of questions about that. People want to know how I get so much sound out of what looks like a "crusty ol' guitar". :D

It is a '60's Fender Tele Re-issue. The neck feel and solidity of that guitar are fantastic. I replaced the stock (noisy) pickups with Seymour Duncan li'l '59 / stack https://www.seymourduncan.com/single-product/little-59-tele-set
The neck pickup gets the best cleans I've every played, especially for blues through a Dr. Z or the clean channel on my Friedman BE50DLX and the mini humbucker is really versatile. This guitar is my main workhorse. I play everything from cleans like 'Santeria' to heavy stuff like 'Vertigo'.
Here's a link from the last show we did. The sound sucks because "iPhone mic": https://www.linkedin.com/posts/the-...hW?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
My other guitars are a 2022 Fender Acoustisonic and a '98 Ibanez RG (Fujigen). The RG has Seymour Duncan 'Pearly Gates'. Those Marshall 2x12 cabs have blended Vintage 30's and Creambacks in them. They sound great through either the Friedman or the Marshall (though the Friedman is the bomb-diggity). I think it might be the nicest thing I have ever owned (and that includes my Mustang) :eek:
View attachment 81523

And for anyone in the NoVA / DC area...Dec 14, we're playing a little gig at the Lost Rhino brewery. Come on by!

Hey Grego,

View attachment 81523

It may look old but it aint crusty!
Personal rule of thumb; you can never go wrong with Seymore Duncan's. Like ever.
So do you use the mini like spice and throw it on for solos, or just play pickups parallel for the full body ambience?
I've always been a Marshall guy, but have heard raves about the Friedmans. Honestly, that head looks beastly though.
Those Marshalls are a rare holy grail with the Celestions in it, I'm kinda jelly.😏

JP, don't give up on the noisy Fender stock pickups! Pot them if they haven't been, if they have, repot them with beeswax instead of paraffin and ensure it gets around the bobbins. Works wonders especially if you're haunted by weird spots/acute angles on stage that give unexpected hum, pop or feedback. o_O

Thanks for the vid. Cool song, impressive lights, drummer was right on point with flams, quads/reverse quads, rolls and the time sig change at the break. Couldn't really hear the bass, but overall, you guys sound really tight. Props to the bassist when he kicked in with harmony, didn't sound like he even hit falsetto so he has a nice range.

Beautiful axes. I have your Acoustisonic's cousin. A 1990 Fender Stratacoustic in black. I'll get pics up of some of mine. I also have a 99 Ibanez, but it's a GIO bass in red, slinkiest neck I've ever had on a bass.

Never have heard of the Lost Rhino, but it's close to some old stomping grounds.
I became a parachute rigger (Aircrew Survival Equipmentman) at the Naval Air Technical Training Center in Lakehurst New Jersey (where the Hindenburg went down), us squids used to kick it in Baltimore. Lost Rhino sounds very interesting!

I'll agree, the Friedman is the bomb.
But while I LOVE all of my instruments, I never sit down and just gaze at a guitar or stack the way I often do with my Mustang.
I'm hopeless...
:cool:

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
It was Gary Moore that did it for me.
View attachment 81548View attachment 81549
God I was young then….
Hey, Les Paul quilt top with matching bookends. lol

Dang bubba, you look good, you gotta give me a line on your shirts! 😅

Wow, Gary Moore.
THAT flooded me with memories.
Jeff Beck and Michael Sweet of Stryper were huge influences on me.
Dang I miss the 80's.

Alrightee, I'ma goin scare up some pics. Got me feelin all sentimental n such.
😁

TMO Supporting Vendors