The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any musicians out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
I've had a 1985 Fender Lead III since I was a freshman in college. It's more acoustic for me these days with my Dad's 1973 Alvarez and a 1975 Martin D28 12-string. Easier for me to sing along with John Denver than Chris Cornell. Stevie Ray Vaughn got me into this hobby. Amazing to see an "open channel" in the zone.
Let's see it! I like the Leads because they were simple. Kind of like Kramers before there were Kramers.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
Boon, I'd love to sit down with that Martin 12!

One would be hard pressed to find a single acoustic guitar that would produce as loud, full bodied and melodious sound than that D28.

(Does that wall art have it's registration too?) 😜

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
The 12 does fill up a room. Worth the pain of stringing it now and then and keeping a couple of spare high strings around. Fell in love with a 12 when Stevie played unplugged.

The wall art combines all my passions:
Fender Guitars
Things that require license plates (why we're talking)
I was #26 while playing football at VT
My twins were born 7-3-98
I'm from WV
My wife is from NY
We live in NC

Pretty cool gift from my Bride.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Overland Park, KS
Wow. She poured hours and hours into that.
I don't know which I like best, that she put Lady Liberty on the headstock or that even with no strings, she faithfully canted the bridge pick up for tone compensation so it looks right.

The longer you look, the more details jump out.
I bet it would take a couple volumes to hold the stories in that conversation piece. ;)
Cool share.
And SRV was before his time.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
This is the video that changed my world.
I went straight to guitar center and bought my first les Paul.

TMO Supporting Vendors