The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone find a fix for fuel sloshing and starvation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
2023-09-04 21.03.29.jpg
Just need to get around to fitting it but the side walls are a good 50% plus higher than the stock factory bucket so i'm guessing it will allow me to run a lower fuel load. Otherwise its just a pretty piece hidden under the carpet. I have another type in the 944 and they look to have a sound engineered concepts.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
View attachment 89365
Just need to get around to fitting it but the side walls are a good 50% plus higher than the stock factory bucket so i'm guessing it will allow me to run a lower fuel load. Otherwise its just a pretty piece hidden under the carpet. I have another type in the 944 and they look to have a sound engineered concepts.
What pump option did you go with? 1 or 2 pumps? are you upgrading the wiring?

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
I got the same setup.. went with the 274 walbro pump.. i make 490 to the wheels with E85 and thats about 550 crank.. that 274 pump is good for 600 hp on e85. oh and its also got a built in check valve.. the Radium guys steered me to it.
I'm on Lund tune with intake and headers and exaust and on high pump gas, don't want to run E85.
Mainly do circuit track work and want to prevent fuel starvation so was looking into that option rather than going fuel cell.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
My fuel pumps are actually triple fused. Starts with an inline block under the hood after exiting the fuse box, inline again before the Fore FC3 controller in the spare tire well (I cut out the quick connectors), and again in the FC3 controller for each individual pump (using two of a possible three). The power is routed through a dash switch with even more fuses to turn the pumps on and act as a kill switch, and I'm still a street car. I really don't want to have to use the tool posted above.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
Moving this to project superbeater

View attachment 90130
Haha, I broke the clip on the siphon hose inside the tank. Thankfully the two halves seemed to stay secure when I put it back together. The thought of pulling the cage again to use a cable tie like yours is giving me chills. Fingers crossed it holds.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
These clips have been around a long time, The clips aren't meant to be removed and reused, just cut them with a side cutter and use a new clip. Motorcraft fuel filters came with two of these clips.

These clips have been around a long time, The clips aren't meant to be removed and reused, just cut them with a side cutter and use a new clip. Motorcraft fuel filters came with two of these clips.
Where I'm at Genuine ford parts are hard to come bye, I have to make due with Delphis in most cases, brand X in others or mail order Ford parts and hope they ge there.

Last edited:
one thing i did notice.. there are two of the mini inlets on the bottom of this s197 radium hat tank assembly vs one on the factory setup. Also the factory plastic hat tank contained a huge 10 micron filter that reduced its volume even more.. takes up almost all of the volume!

TMO Supporting Vendors