The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone running Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R or Pirelli Trofero R in their Gt350?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi!

I just came off a great session at Sonoma Raceway on 8/11 in my 350R. I'm ran my Porsche spec PSC2's with about 3 days of tracking on them. Tread is wearing so much better than stock! However, they're starting to heat cycle out a bit.

I'm wondering if anyone is running the Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R or Pirelli Trofero R in their Gt350/350r's? Wondering if the incremental grip would warrant a test -- or if you've found the grip is comparable to the PSC2's?

Car is running Gloc r12 brakes, and is stock other than that. Fastest lap time was a 1:53.20. Not bad, but I know there's at least 2-3 seconds more here. Aside from more coaching, looking at tires! Let me know your thoughts.

Here's an lap video from the day (not my fastest hot lap.) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/b73lyiaoax73ur6/Sonoma 8_11 Hotlap Gt350R.mp4?dl=0

PS: the gt3rs next to me in this pic was doing constant 1:47's. I want to get into the 1:40's so bad!

Gt3rs.jpg

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I talked to a GT350 owner at the Topeka CAM Challenge running the Goodyears and he had good things to say about them. From what I'm seeing they are similiar to RE71's and BFG Rivals but take a little bit longer to heat up which would be a bonus on track.

I know this is not applicable directly to track driving but they were the fastest tire overall at the Peru CAM challenge last weekend. I'm definitely interested in giving them a shot but I don't thing they will be as fast as the top sub-100tw tires.

I talked to a GT350 owner at the Topeka CAM Challenge running the Goodyears and he had good things to say about them. From what I'm seeing they are similiar to RE71's and BFG Rivals but take a little bit longer to heat up which would be a bonus on track.

I know this is not applicable directly to track driving but they were the fastest tire overall at the Peru CAM challenge last weekend. I'm definitely interested in giving them a shot but I don't thing they will be as fast as the top sub-100tw tires.
The tires you are thinking of are the SC3 (220 tw) not the 3R (100 TW)

SC3R is not CAM legal.

I just got a set of the 3R’s....i also need to finish running my new sc2’s and toyo rr’s. I dont have a spare set lf rims to mount them so once i finish one of these sets im throwing them on

whats your front alignment at

Ok! Here we go. Would love to hear your feedback compared to sc2’s. I found a discount set that I can for like 900 for 3r 305’s all the way around...

Im running the factory r track alignment, I think camber is close to -2 in the front.

Ok! Here we go. Would love to hear your feedback compared to sc2’s. I found a discount set that I can for like 900 for 3r 305’s all the way around...

Im running the factory r track alignment, I think camber is close to -2 in the front.

thats exactly why i jumped on them. $900 to my door for a 305 set. My fronts at -2.5. Hope to get it to -3.0 when i get my spl lower adjustable control arms

FWIW check with Kohr, they have some Michelin take offs that would hook you right up. I'm actually amazed at how much time you can put on these tires without a huge drop-off.
If that doesn't work, Phoenix has some Hoosiers that are in great shape.

FWIW check with Kohr, they have some Michelin take offs that would hook you right up. I'm actually amazed at how much time you can put on these tires without a huge drop-off.
If that doesn't work, Phoenix has some Hoosiers that are in great shape.

michelin take offs in19’s?

oh...you're one of those....
there's virtually no take off race tires in 19, sadly, they've just never caught on. It might be worth it to invest in some wheels to run them if you continue to do much tracking.

oh...you're one of those....
there's virtually no take off race tires in 19, sadly, they've just never caught on. It might be worth it to invest in some wheels to run them if you continue to do much tracking.

lol 18’s dont fit on stock gt350’s. I have some shops at autobahn looking for me from the ferrari challenge and the lambo racing series that run 19’s.

lol 18’s dont fit on stock gt350’s. I have some shops at autobahn looking for me from the ferrari challenge and the lambo racing series that run 19’s.

I was under the impression that 18s would fit on those cars, I think the GT4 spec car runs 18s, although it's been months since I've actually looked at one of those.
if they are Michelin, they are real picky about weight and pressure, they are always sending out tech sheets, I don't know what a Ferrari or Lambo weighs these days, but I think it would be much less than a mustang

I was under the impression that 18s would fit on those cars, I think the GT4 spec car runs 18s, although it's been months since I've actually looked at one of those.
if they are Michelin, they are real picky about weight and pressure, they are always sending out tech sheets, I don't know what a Ferrari or Lambo weighs these days, but I think it would be much less than a mustang

18’s will not fit on stock gt350 brake setup.....i’ll just stick with my apex 19x11 and hoosier 315’s.

TMO Supporting Vendors