The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone running Goodyear F1 SuperCar 3Rs in the 325/30/19 size on a GT350, GT500 or Mach 1 with the Handling Package?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No worries running the 305s, of course, but wondering if anyone has tried slapping on a set of 325s with the stock suspension and a spacer up front. I have a 25mm front spacer, 19x11 Apex wheels and would like to try the wide ass muthas! Figure they will be tight, but they might just fit and figured someone had tired them by now?!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Bill,

There is a guy in NJ selling that exact setup Apex 19x11 ET52 used on a GT500. He says they fit fine on that car...not sure if he's a member here. Blue GT500 with Big Aero. I'll text you some info...

In the V6L
No worries running the 305s, of course, but wondering if anyone has tried slapping on a set of 325s with the stock suspension and a spacer up front. I have a 25mm front spacer, 19x11 Apex wheels and would like to try the wide ass muthas! Figure they will be tight, but they might just fit and figured someone had tired them by now?!
Hopefully someone who's done it will respond. As a comparable data point, I've run Pirelli Trofeo R's in 325/30x19 on 19x11 OEM GT350 rear rims (ET62) and they needed a 6mm spacer to keep the tires from rubbing against the upper shock mount. Other than that, they worked fine. That said, the 305 GY3R's (that I've also run as a square set) are easily as wide as the Pirelli 325's, so there might be more width than there's room for with the 325 GY3R's. Hopefully someone's done it and can respond.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Appreciate the help, guys, and though my suspension is stock and will stay that way, it seems they might just work. The 305s are a solid go and good to know a 35mm spacer was used on your car , Chip, and by the way your car looks fantastic and the TMO sticker looks great!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Appreciate the help, guys, and though my suspension is stock and will stay that way, it seems they might just work. The 305s are a solid go and good to know a 35mm spacer was used on your car , Chip, and by the way your car looks fantastic and the TMO sticker looks great!
The wider spacer is necessary with the 11.5" wheels. I'd have to do the math to figure out the equivalent spacer on your 11" wheels knowing the backspacing :) and thanks!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks O-man, I was thinking about that too, and appreciate the thought. I prefer the Hoosiers, but checking out the Goodyears is tempting when they are $900 less!!!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Denver
Hi Bill, since you're a pretty experienced track guy I can't wait to hear your thoughts with the supercar 3r on your M1 once you have tried them. I have been very happy with the 305 GY 3Rs (square) on my 350.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
May not be till next year, but so many friends feel the same as you. Those that have run them say they are similar to Pilot Sport Cup 2s with just a bit more stick, almost Hoosier R7 levels. One guy thinks they are just as fast as an R7, but not up to an A7 level. That kind of comment has me interested as I love R7s, but since the Goodyears could save me 800-900 bucks per set I am ready to try them!!

Bill, I quit running Hoosiers several years ago, as I got tired of going thru a new set every other week. The Goodyears work great and last at least twice as long. I’m still running staggered on my R. 305/19 front and 325 19/ rear. If I had not already purchased my Forgeline track wheels I’d be running square with Goodyear 3r’s all the way around. Happy New Year!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great to hear and I know of a couple of guys running 325s all the way around on their GT 350s --- not sure what they have done. I will do 305s all the way around as pretty sure the fenders do not have as much clearance on the Mach as they are not quite the same shape. Appreciate the info and great news on TMO ---- few guys running them in my area, though about everything else is out there, ha.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Great to hear and I know of a couple of guys running 325s all the way around on their GT 350s --- not sure what they have done. I will do 305s all the way around as pretty sure the fenders do not have as much clearance on the Mach as they are not quite the same shape. Appreciate the info and great news on TMO ---- few guys running them in my area, though about everything else is out there, ha.
I'm one of those 325 guys :) All I've done to fit them on my GT350 is run appropriate spacers and camber.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I wanted to try that but have gotten a couple of notes from Mach 1 guys saying the fenders are different from a GT 350 and they won't fit. I imagine that is true, since I get a little rub when running the Hoosier R7s ( 315/30/19 ). Appreciate the note and I think we will see more and more TMO members on them in 23, especially those who are USAA members.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Bill, supposedly the front suspension geometry is different between the cars; found on the internet. From what I also found on the internet, the fenders are only half an inch wider per side. The difference between the 305's and 325's is .75 inches in width. 305 is the safe thing, but still curious about the 325's. Was also looking at the specs that both Hoosier and Goodyear post on Tire Rack. There's not that much difference between the R7 315-30/19 and the SC3 325-30/19; about .5 inch in most respects

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I barely rub with the 315 Hoosiers , but it is more of a line from hitting up in the wheel well edge. I will get 305s initially, since I know that is a safe bet, and eventually if someone else figures a way to make them fit with EC-7 Apex wheels , then I might jump in there. Appreciate all the info and checking up on this for all of us.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel