The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone try out the new Michelin Slicks??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
The "New" MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP slicks have arrived down here in Chile and they are about 25% more expensive then a set of Hoosiers. Anyone now what they are like?? Most of the Porsches in our category will be using them next month apparently.

The "New" MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP slicks have arrived down here in Chile and they are about 25% more expensive then a set of Hoosiers. Anyone now what they are like?? Most of the Porsches in our category will be using them next month apparently.
Great tire, they have a lot of longevity, more than any other tire I have worked with. In Porsche Cup they just changed the rear compound at Watkins Glen because they were afraid of tire degradation. If any of your buddies are running them on a Volkswagen make sure they have the new compound on the rear. ( no I don't remember the old compound number).
The rain tires are spectacular as well, I was really impressed in the slop at Watkins last weekend.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks! Looks like these are the Porsche N tires, do you think the rears in 300/650-18 would run well with square setup on a S197?

TMO Supporting Vendors