The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Apex Forged wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don’t care where they’re made. Especially if cross border trade is fair. Note I didn’t say equal. But I prefer Taiwan over China.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love the shot my fellow berm-meister! Get a set of 18x11s, they fit and slapping a 315/18 on our beast is even more fun!

Are you aware there is a Black Friday Sale going on till the 2nd , with $200 off the Forged rims?

Last edited:

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Any updates...?
Unfortunately no. This project has been put on hold due to a few weird issues. In the interest of not getting peoples hopes up, I do not want to give out any estimated dates since they really would be just guesses right now. Trust me when I say it WILL HAPPEN, sadly not within the prior stated time frames. We had made solid progress on them up until the issues.

Due to the longer delay, is there any interest in some 18" SM-10 wheels for the Mustang? They would have all of the great feature of the 19" SM-10 wheels like a knurled bead, reinforced inner lip, and CNC cut I beam spokes.

Unfortunately no. This project has been put on hold due to a few weird issues. In the interest of not getting peoples hopes up, I do not want to give out any estimated dates since they really would be just guesses right now. Trust me when I say it WILL HAPPEN, sadly not within the prior stated time frames. We had made solid progress on them up until the issues.

Due to the longer delay, is there any interest in some 18" SM-10 wheels for the Mustang? They would have all of the great feature of the 19" SM-10 wheels like a knurled bead, reinforced inner lip, and CNC cut I beam spokes.
Could you go into detail about what a “weird issue” is? Not trying to be difficult; just trying to understand what could possibly be a cause to indefinitely delay a project that has been ongoing for as long as this has.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Could you go into detail about what a “weird issue” is? Not trying to be difficult; just trying to understand what could possibly be a cause to indefinitely delay a project that has been ongoing for as long as this has.

No I understand what you mean, on the surface it sounds crazy for such a long day but there are a ton of factors that go into producing our wheels, we refuse to use blank or template designs as often times there are a lot of compromises in them.

At a high level, the standard barrel design that the forged factory had isn't that great brake clearance wise and we need to develop an improved one to clear the brakes we wanted to clear. If we proceeded with the factory barrels, 18" wheels wouldn't have cleared the 6 pot/15" setups and that is just unacceptable in today's market. To make the project (and thus the resulting wheel price) feasible for everyone, the barrel needs to work with a lot of different markets, which is proving difficult. There are a couple other factors that I can't really speak on as well. The virus and the Chinese New Year have halted things for around 6 weeks as well, but that's not an excuse for this project.

That’s an awesome reply, Apex. I appreciate the openness and honesty. It’s good to hear technical hurdles and a desire to overcome them. Thanks for doing what you’re doing.

TMO Supporting Vendors