The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

APEX wheel spacer not sitting flush on GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Edit* - I'm stupid. The brake rotor will more than take up this small amount of space and prevent this from being an issue. Leaving this up so others may learn from my stupidity.

Moving over to an Apex 19x11" square and rotatable setup for my 2018 GT350 and ran into an issue this weekend. I ordered up the following wheel spacers from Apex Race Part.

Upon test fitting them though, I noticed the center bore wasn't clearing the hub. There's a slightly larger lip on the bottom of the center bore that seems to be hanging them up. The hubs have been cleaned up, but you can see the gap and the spacing here. I'm sure I could use some lug nuts and just "force it on" but that certainly doesn't seem like the right thing to do in this scenario. Is this a GT350 specific issue as the website mentions S550 but not GT350 specifically in hindsight.

52254822016_01140afb68_o.jpg
52253857772_cbb88e7220_o.jpg

Last edited:
I had literally posted this thread and then was typing up a text message to some of my local track buddies when I realized the spacer doesn't sit directly on the hub. Proof that even after decades of working on cars, sometimes you have to take a step back and think before rushing to your next step.

We ALL have our moments... Sometimes things are realized and figured out quickly. Sometimes it turns into 🤬 and a cool down with 🍺. I never changed calipers and let the ABS block drain, pressure bleed the system, end up with basically no brakes and in slow motion at about 1/2 mph coast into the rear end of both our jeeps. 🙄. That's what's great about TMO. Everyone posts up things they have never encountered before or real brain fart moments - It helps us all learn and come up with other lightbulb ideas.

I had literally posted this thread and then was typing up a text message to some of my local track buddies when I realized the spacer doesn't sit directly on the hub. Proof that even after decades of working on cars, sometimes you have to take a step back and think before rushing to your next step.
Can you post some pics of your wheel and tire combo when you have everything put together? I have been contemplating a set of Apex wheels for my 2017 GT350 as well. I am curious of how the offsets line up with the fender edge and the amount of tire poke. Thanks in advance.

Can you post some pics of your wheel and tire combo when you have everything put together? I have been contemplating a set of Apex wheels for my 2017 GT350 as well. I am curious of how the offsets line up with the fender edge and the amount of tire poke. Thanks in advance.
I'll post an update in my build thread. Should have the tires on the car tomorrow and should have everything bolted up by the weekend. Waiting on my Verus brake cooling shields to come in first so I don't have to take things off again

TMO Supporting Vendors