The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

ARCHETYPE RACING - VOODOO/COYOTE/PREDATOR Oil Balancing Hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Received the kit yesterday and proceeded with install (motor in the car). Pretty straightforward once the IM is removed, it is tight back there but a 16MM flex head ratcheting wrench and 1/4" hex bit made it totally doable. I got mine 95% of the way there, but as I was tightening down the last hose end I managed to slightly cross thread one of the pipe-AN thread adapters...easy to do since you can't really see what your doing and the fittings are of course made of aluminum. Take your time and this won't be an issue!

IMG_4366.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Received the kit yesterday and proceeded with install (motor in the car). Pretty straightforward once the IM is removed, it is tight back there but a 16MM flex head ratcheting wrench and 1/4" hex bit made it totally doable. I got mine 95% of the way there, but as I was tightening down the last hose end I managed to slightly cross thread one of the pipe-AN thread adapters...easy to do since you can't really see what your doing and the fittings are of course made of aluminum. Take your time and this won't be an issue!

View attachment 62352

Thanks for the info and the heads up! I just ordered mine today. Glad to hear it isn't a massive PITA if the IM is removed.

EIGHTLUG

https://www.archetyperacing.com
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 62352
Replacement adaptor is being mailed out today. No charge to you, gtorpedo!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mine are on! As noted earlier--if you have a BOSS302 your heads have the plugs and you can do this mod.

1613496118581.png

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have confirmation that these will fit on a Gen2 Coyote yet? I just shot Archetype an email asking them to confirm.

Thanks!
Jake
Hey, Jake. I did receive your email. I do not have a Gen 2 Coyote in my possession to confirm if the heads have the threaded plugs or not. With an inspection mirror, you would be able to look at the back of your heads and verify for the entire community. It seems that the Coyotes maybe aren't as consistent, from what I've seen in the Facebook post, and a quick look to verify would be beneficial.

Thanks,
Curtis

Jwodon

Jake
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Collegeville, PA
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a new intake manifold on the way, so when I tear off the stock one in a few days I'll take a look and reply to the thread to confirm for you and future customers. Thanks!

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a new intake manifold on the way, so when I tear off the stock one in a few days I'll take a look and reply to the thread to confirm for you and future customers. Thanks!
You're a gentleman and a scholar. 👍

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Dumb question of the night - does the oil have to be drained for this install? My guess would be that most oil in the head will likely drain down to the pan, but then started second guessing it. I’m in between oil changes, so will just wait if it needs to be drained. Otherwise on a 2014, this looks like it will be a simple install without removing anything for access.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Matt,

Confirmed install on my 2015 Mustang GT (Gen 2 Coyote), the plugs are there so would be 99.9% sure you can proceed as well.

EIGHTLUG

Supporting Vendor
Dumb question of the night - does the oil have to be drained for this install? My guess would be that most oil in the head will likely drain down to the pan, but then started second guessing it. I’m in between oil changes, so will just wait if it needs to be drained. Otherwise on a 2014, this looks like it will be a simple install without removing anything for access.
That's an honest question. The answer is you do not need to drain your oil to perform this install. You may only get one drip of oil out of each plug, by the time the engine is cool enough to work on.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Completed the install on my 2014 this weekend without removing anything to get at the plugs. Outside port on the drivers side was the most difficult - this one has the tightest access, and it requires removing the bolt that secures the knock sensor. I didn’t remove the sensor - just rotated it 90 degrees or so, allowing clearance to get a wrench on the threaded adapter. I borrowed a picture that @Coz posted earlier so you can see which sensor bolt I’m talking about - see below.

So onto my next question, but first a bit of background. I ran Chuckwalla on Sunday and first session out, the car went into limp mode with a solid wrench light on the dash. This has never happened. Had to pull off to the side, shut the car completely off and restart it so that i could even drive it back to the paddock. Quick Google check was pointing at potentially a dirty throttle body. Pulled the intake tube, and sure enough there was a fair amount of oil on the blade and housing. I have a separator installed on the passenger side, however the driver side PCV hose still feeds into the OE intake tube. I rarely get much oil in the passenger side can, but it had probably 3-4 ounces in it. Is this a normal byproduct of the increased oil flow from the balancing hoses? I’ve been considering the Watson Racing Peterson catch for a while now, but it may have just moved up the priority list.

68128021-9357-4F75-83F7-EE2FEA642114.jpeg

Completed the install on my 2014 this weekend without removing anything to get at the plugs. Outside port on the drivers side was the most difficult - this one has the tightest access, and it requires removing the bolt that secures the knock sensor. I didn’t remove the sensor - just rotated it 90 degrees or so, allowing clearance to get a wrench on the threaded adapter. I borrowed a picture that @Coz posted earlier so you can see which sensor bolt I’m talking about - see below.

So onto my next question, but first a bit of background. I ran Chuckwalla on Sunday and first session out, the car went into limp mode with a solid wrench light on the dash. This has never happened. Had to pull off to the side, shut the car completely off and restart it so that i could even drive it back to the paddock. Quick Google check was pointing at potentially a dirty throttle body. Pulled the intake tube, and sure enough there was a fair amount of oil on the blade and housing. I have a separator installed on the passenger side, however the driver side PCV hose still feeds into the OE intake tube. I rarely get much oil in the passenger side can, but it had probably 3-4 ounces in it. Is this a normal byproduct of the increased oil flow from the balancing hoses? I’ve been considering the Watson Racing Peterson catch for a while now, but it may have just moved up the priority list.

View attachment 62858

Capaldi Racing installed the Watson Racing non-vented catch can on my GT350 when they installed a new FP350S engine for me. It drains back to the oil pan, see the red fitting on the oil pan. I have the vent plumbed into the intake shroud soAB7008ED-7F3A-4646-B580-A55671B8E31D.jpeg2D25923B-F692-470C-9FE4-E8EAC070EDC7.jpegE71ACDDB-086F-4C71-B1CE-2B3A5F6B2AFB.jpegB3F0B72F-4C45-4812-AF6A-A8105F34DFE7.jpegA7DD786C-83B8-4C7D-953A-CBD7B6529689.jpeg the oil vapor smell does‘t end up in the cabin

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Would this be necessary / beneficial on a 2019+ Gen II Voodoo? According to sources: "Bay to Bay" Breathing ports are re-orientated to better equalize block gasses and minimize windage" on the Gen II Voodoo. Wouldn't that factory improvement basically do the same thing?

TMO Supporting Vendors