The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

At the track....car won't crank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My friend just called from NJMP. 2010 former Phoenix 4.6 Mustang. Car won't crank. Starter and alternator have good voltage. There is nothing getting to the starter. Ideas??? He has some mechanics trying to help but nothing yet.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Same thing happend to a while back. We stole a starter selanoid from a F150 and where up and running .... the next day.

Ok so a new starter did the trick. He tried swapping a relay and it blew. Turns out same amp doesn't mean it will work.....who knew. Mechanic felt it was the starter so he went to a parts store and installed a new one and still made the last three sessions. I thought it was somewhere between the key and starter since the starter had full voltage.....maybe a short in some modified wiring.

Not sure why they didn't try a push start but I guess he didn't want to do that every session. Anyway all fixed.

Thanks for the replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel