The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Australian SuperCar Gen3 Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Everything is built in Australia. And as the car is a complete tubeframe chassis design, you wouldn't be able to fit any of the aero kit to a road legal / track day car here.
Your best bet is to get a destroyed and signed panel after a race, or on Ebay, for garage wall art. But that's as close to owning any part from these cars as anyone could ever get...
Thanks for confirming, and yeah, that's what I pretty much figured.

I guess I'll just kinda do my best paper mache effort, per usual.

1644271475601.png

TX
Everything is built in Australia. And as the car is a complete tubeframe chassis design, you wouldn't be able to fit any of the aero kit to a road legal / track day car here.
Your best bet is to get a destroyed and signed panel after a race, or on Ebay, for garage wall art. But that's as close to owning any part from these cars as anyone could ever get...
I wonder if they sell the cars once they move to a new generation? The current generation Mustang is one of my favorites...the perfect amount of power, rawness, aero, and downright speed. It would be absolutely nuts to have one.

I need to go back in time and invest in a metric ton of bitcoin so I can afford to have a garage filled with retired race cars...

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Yeah, I doubt they ever really go for sale after the season ends. A lot of chassis get refurbished and updated with new bodies year over year, I guess the others end up in the scrap pile as they get wrecked ahahah.
I've tried finding exhaust parts or suspension bits from V8 Supercars for sale on Ebay or other platforms but it's near impossible!

TX
Yeah, I doubt they ever really go for sale after the season ends. A lot of chassis get refurbished and updated with new bodies year over year, I guess the others end up in the scrap pile as they get wrecked ahahah.
I've tried finding exhaust parts or suspension bits from V8 Supercars for sale on Ebay or other platforms but it's near impossible!
I'd love to see the exhaust make it over here. They sound great and the new Coyote-based car sounds much better than most Coyotes, IMHO.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
So just to bring this thread back up - now that the Camaro is being discontinued (again) I wonder what will that mean for the SuperCars series that was supposed to include the Camaro starting next year...

And Cadillac is going to be all EV soon, so that isn't a good fit. Guess they'll have to find a way to make the Vette fit in the series somehow? Maybe they'll produce a Vette sedan? 🤨

I'd love to see the exhaust make it over here. They sound great and the new Coyote-based car sounds much better than most Coyotes, IMHO.
Because they are running 'nascar' style tri y's.

001.jpg

I wonder if we can get our hands on those?!

Custom made.. Those are definitely not even close to the same level as a race tri y header.

If Calvin Elston is still around, he would be the guy to talk to about making a custom set. If I was building a coyote race car, I would entertain it.

They are not cheap either.. lol (it cost me like 1000$ in material to make my own)

Last edited:
TX
Custom made.. Those are definitely not even close to the same level as a race tri y header.

If Calvin Elston is still around, he would be the guy to talk to about making a custom set. If I was building a coyote race car, I would entertain it.

They are not cheap either.. lol (it cost me like 1000$ in material to make my own)
I probably won’t fit it into this run of the build, but definitely interested in pursuing. If you don’t mind, what makes the difference between a race header and your typical aftermarket header?

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
If you're thinking of doing custom exhaust headers, check out Burns Stainless. No personal experience but have heard good things. They have their own proprietary header design software.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Auckland, New Zealand
I think they can race Camaro's for a while as they did with Commodores which finished production in 2017. I realise the ZB "Commdore" (Opel Insignia) was available and the basis Lets face it most brand loyal fans aren't buying the actual cars that are racing. They support Ford or Chev but go and buy whatever ugly SUV cross over thing is on the dealers yard.
Because they are running 'nascar' style tri y's.

View attachment 86066
That looks like a very nice header. Interesting how far back they merge the pipes. I wonder if that is performance (i.e. maybe some sort of scavenging benefit) or packaging constraints.

Anyway, back on topic for Supercars - I don't think they'll have any issues continuing with a Camaro for a number of years despite it being discontinued. The old "race on Sunday, sell on Monday" is more a brand loyalty thing now right? I mean people see a Camaro or Mustang win I'd bet 99% of them aren't heading to the dealer to buy one. They'll be more interested in whatever "cross over" with reverse cam and Apple Carplay their wife likes.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
I wonder if they sell the cars once they move to a new generation?

I need to go back in time and invest in a metric ton of bitcoin so I can afford to have a garage filled with retired race cars...

Here you go, some older genuine v8 super race cars for you, When you convert it to US$ then it is reasonably cheap for you guys. Except for the Last one at 350K Australian $$$$

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel