The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Australian SuperCar Gen3 Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's hoping your pessimism is misplaced. :D
Me too, but there have many really great series crushed by politics. Let's face it, TA2 look a lot like the real cars and is great racing. All the IMSA PWC is going to Gt3, Gt4 because they are easy to tech, Unless someone is ready to pay the massive payoff.. errr I meant homologation fees, they will have to promote, police, run and logistically support the Aussie series here. I just don't see it happening. Aussie V8s are my favorite series as well, and NASCAR is copying their every move now.

Me too, but there have many really great series crushed by politics. Let's face it, TA2 look a lot like the real cars and is great racing. All the IMSA PWC is going to Gt3, Gt4 because they are easy to tech, Unless someone is ready to pay the massive payoff.. errr I meant homologation fees, they will have to promote, police, run and logistically support the Aussie series here. I just don't see it happening. Aussie V8s are my favorite series as well, and NASCAR is copying their every move now.
TA2 is supposed to be even bigger this coming season!! I have a friend who runs a mustang in TA2 and there's a TV deal for it on I believe CBS sports, I think, on Saturdays at 8pm....if I'm remembering correctly!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Man, the hand-me-downs in a few years between this and NASCAR are going to be fun to scoop up (for any of us that still have money to race at that point). :)

While I really wanted to see the Supercars come back to the USA, seeing them in Austrailia a few years back was very awesome. The fans and atmosphere made it pretty crazy.. Red vs Blue to the point that they looked at you weird if you weren't supporting one or the other.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
So very true, whereas many Australians have drivers they really like, their focus on a race is much more brand oriented than in the US. I have an Australian friend who says you are either a Holden fan or a Ford fan, and folks wearing Nissan apparel are so scarce as to not even exist. Years back when Mercedes got into the fray, for a bit, he said there was a small group, but it really is a two brand sport to the Aussies.

AJ when you were there did you get to drive one of the cars??

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
While I really wanted to see the Supercars come back to the USA, seeing them in Austrailia a few years back was very awesome. The fans and atmosphere made it pretty crazy.. Red vs Blue to the point that they looked at you weird if you weren't supporting one or the other.
That would be the ultimate. Sure, it would be awesome to go to a race here in the US, but to experience it down under, that would be the real experience.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
That Ford video is great! I love it when a marketing team hits it out of the park. It's an exhilarating video that has me sitting here in my office chair reaching for a non-existent stick somewhere on my credenza and steering wheel ... oops nope that's my mouse.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
I finally had a chance to watch the complete video series provided on the engine builds and it most interesting. That said, I’m left with a few questions:

1) Do we know what stroker parts and block they are using in the Coyote to achieve 5.4L?

2) I’m also interested in the other supporting parts to achieve a 10k mile rebuild. Do they list those to demonstrate parody? 10K is a much longer interval than the RY 302R.

3) It looks like they capped the RPM at 7500. Did I see/hear that correctly? If yes, that likely helps with the longevity.

4) Do we know what fuel they are running in this series?

5) How are you all watching this series. I saw a few websites but could not find U.S. broadcasting options. Hopefully, it is possible

Thanks to any and all who brought this great series to my attention. Should help the Colorado winter pass by more easily

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Nobody broadcasts it up here that I know of, but if you hunt around on the interwebs you can find pirate feeds, though they're pretty sketchy on a lot of levels at times. Often there's no sound, or no track yappers, but the latter is actually very often better than listening to inane yapping. I have IPTV and with 17,000+ plus channels I'm hoping somewhere in there a good feed can be found. But there are no guides whatsoever in that world.

How are you all watching this series.
The 2021 series was streamed live via our deal with Eurosport on MotorTrend On Demand/MotorTrend+. I don't have any control on whether they will continue for future series, but they do make an effort to stream live motorsport when possible. They archive the content after it's streamed live so you can watch it later, since being awake for the Australian timezone can be a little rough. If anyone has a question about what's available on the platform prior to subscribing, just send me a private message.

AusSupercar.PNG

Last edited:
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Supercars web site streams live (and maintains a viewable archive) for all practices, heat races and feature races...the entire year...for less than $100 per year. Canadian skinnnybucks.

Great on-air talent, great attitude and preesentation. Tons of coverage. Hardly watch anything else anymore....including F1.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Supercars web site streams live (and maintains a viewable archive) for all practices, heat races and feature races...the entire year...for less than $100 per year. Canadian skinnnybucks.

Great on-air talent, great attitude and preesentation. Tons of coverage. Hardly watch anything else anymore....including F1.
Do they have it available on-demand afterwards? Or do you just have to wait for it to be put up on Youtube?

I finally had a chance to watch the complete video series provided on the engine builds and it most interesting. That said, I’m left with a few questions:

1) Do we know what stroker parts and block they are using in the Coyote to achieve 5.4L?

2) I’m also interested in the other supporting parts to achieve a 10k mile rebuild. Do they list those to demonstrate parody? 10K is a much longer interval than the RY 302R.

3) It looks like they capped the RPM at 7500. Did I see/hear that correctly? If yes, that likely helps with the longevity.

4) Do we know what fuel they are running in this series?

5) How are you all watching this series. I saw a few websites but could not find U.S. broadcasting options. Hopefully, it is possible

Thanks to any and all who brought this great series to my attention. Should help the Colorado winter pass by more easily
No, I don't think anyone has seen a parts list, and I would think those details will be under wraps for quite a while. But, I would assume they are starting with a 5.0L or 5.2L block with aftermarket sleeves to support a larger bore combined with a custom billet crank.

They could be using a CNC block, but I really doubt it.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Supercars subscription streams direct from their site. No youtube!!!

Unlimited watch and rewatch within any/each season....content disappears and is replaced with new stuff once a new season starts...for example, Race weekend #1 of 2021 can still be warched now...all 6ish hours of coverage.

Other series should copy this model.

TX
No, I don't think anyone has seen a parts list, and I would think those details will be under wraps for quite a while. But, I would assume they are starting with a 5.0L or 5.2L block with aftermarket sleeves to support a larger bore combined with a custom billet crank.

They could be using a CNC block, but I really doubt it.
I didn’t think there was any room to go larger bore on the coyote architecture.

I’m excited to see how this develops. I might have an engine closer to a v8 sueprcar than I originally expected. I’m hoping for some good trickle down hehe

I am not sure how much if any beyond a 3.7" bore you can go even with sleeves. But, I am assuming that with the abuse these engines will see they will be sleeved. The 5.2L FP350 uses Mahle pistons with a 3.701 bore. If they are using factory blocks, I would assume most of the additional displacement may come from stroking the engine.

JPC builds a 335 CI Coyote with a 3.7" bore, custom billet crank, and longer Oliver rods.

TMO Supporting Vendors