The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_3011.jpg

Wow that is really sad news. I never met him but talked to him many times on the phone. The story behind AUTO-BLiP and BMO/TMO goes back to the very first BMO track event at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in February 2013. Gary, John and I all rented CVR Academy cars for our two days there. It was basically open track days and was the first time many of us early members met. Drew @ArizonaBOSS , Chris @captdistraction and Ron were there as were several others. The academy cars had AB's installed and it wasn't until the second day that I was shown what it was. I was impressed with how well it worked. When I got home I looked it up and called Andres. I remember he was a bit puzzled why his device was not selling better so I invited him to be one of the very first BMO/TMO venders. He was always very helpful with problem installs and was a very nice guy to work with. RIP Andres!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
View attachment 63907

Wow that is really sad news. I never met him but talked to him many times on the phone. The story behind AUTO-BLiP and BMO/TMO goes back to the very first BMO track event at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in February 2013. Gary, John and I all rented CVR Academy cars for our two days there. It was basically open track days and was the first time many of us early members met. Drew @ArizonaBOSS , Chris @captdistraction and Ron were there as were several others. The academy cars had AB's installed and it wasn't until the second day that I was shown what it was. I was impressed with how well it worked. When I got home I looked it up and called Andres. I remember he was a bit puzzled why his device was not selling better so I invited him to be one of the very first BMO/TMO venders. He was always very helpful with problem installs and was a very nice guy to work with. RIP Andres!
Oh wow. This is terrible news. I didn’t have the pleasure of chatting with Andres as much as many of you. Wish I had. RIP buddy.

Finally got to try it out at a local SCCA Track Night here. Ran with the novice group for a couple of laps trying to get it adjusted to my liking. Had it coming in too late at first, dialed it in to blip sooner. Did the rest of the night with the main group. Only problem was that the delay knob moves so easily that it change a little on me during the sessions. Need to figure out how to keep it from moving so easily.

Dave

Where did you mount the unit? I have mine in the console and use Velcro tape to hold it where I need and can still remove to fiddle with it.
Console just above shifter with velcro Also I just saw old posting on using little o ring under knob to give it more friction. Tried that and works fine. knob stays where I set it.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel