The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just ordered an Auto-Blip to blip the throttle for me on downshifts at the track. I know some of you will not think this is the best idea and that I should just learn how to properly heel/toe downshift but I look at this as a safety device. John, Gary and I got a chance to try these on the Chuckwalla Valley Raceway academy cars and I thought it worked very well so I ordered one. John also ordered one last week. I'll have it installed before my next track day on April 8th and will post up detailed installation tips and photos along with impressions on how well it works at the track.

Many new cars include a similar functionality including the C7 Corvette and 370Z. Even the dual clutch transmissions blip the throttle and it worked really well on the Audi R8 V10 I drove last year. Here's the link to the product.

http://auto-blip.com/auto-blip

Members that are using Auto-Blip:

Jza1736 Jason
pufferfish Steve
DG Darren
Steve
LS110 John
thebull
reakhavoc
VooDooBOSS Rick
And a bunch of other members

AUTOBLIP-product_page_photo-500x500.jpg

Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

NFSBOSS said:
I know some of you will not think this is the best idea and that I should just learn how to properly heel/toe downshift but ........

Wait what? - who?

This mean I can't turn this into a harness bar/brake bedding thread?

Loved the feature when I drove a 370z. Subscribed for install info

ArizonaGT said:
wtf, that is cheating
Lol that's the way I felt too. :) I wouldn't even let him turn it on in my car. That said it's a pretty cool feature and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up on the newer Mustangs the way all the other performance cars are jumping on it.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

wow! i had thoughts about a device like this a few years ago when i first heard about the g37 getting it. and now, here it is! i wonder, though, how well it will work when downshifting multiple gears at a time (like at the end of a long straight). sequential downshifting may be required for this device to work properly. not exactly optimal for compressing braking zones.

cloud9 said:
Lol that's the way I felt too. :) I wouldn't even let him turn it on in my car. That said it's a pretty cool feature and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up on the newer Mustangs the way all the other performance cars are jumping on it.

You're right! ..as the 6-Speed Automatic w/Select Shift on my 2013 Mustang GT already does the auto-blip during all downshifts when manually shifting in Sport Mode. It's a cool feature for an automatic, but it's definitely cheating with a manual transmission, lol. LOL, I remember how much fun I had practicing heel/toe downshifts at BTA last Oct.

SoFlaBoss said:
You're right! ..as the 6-Speed Automatic w/Select Shift on my 2013 Mustang GT already does the auto-blip during all downshifts when manually shifting in Sport Mode. It's a cool feature for an automatic, but it's definitely cheating with a manual transmission, lol. LOL, I remember how much fun I had practicing heel/toe downshifts at BTA last Oct.

One of the 1st things I noticed at the track in the Boss was how the pedal size was not great for heal to toe for people with bigger feet. I ended up getting a wider gas pedal cover.

Kind of similar (with smaller implications) to ABS. I started racing/tracking without it and learned how to threshold brake and am really glad I did but I do love the ABS :)

pufferfish said:
wow! i had thoughts about a device like this a few years ago when i first heard about the g37 getting it. and now, here it is! i wonder, though, how well it will work when downshifting multiple gears at a time (like at the end of a long straight). sequential downshifting may be required for this device to work properly. not exactly optimal for compressing braking zones.
Every time you depress the clutch while applying the brake you get a blip of the throttle.

Tulsa, OK

That does say something...

So do you mount the unit where it's visible or hide it away somewhere?

Is the unit on all the time while driving or would you just turn it off when you don't want it?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

With the RXT and aluminum flywheel (and at some point aluminum DS) the engine should rev up with barely a touch of the gas once installed :)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

does it require cutting the factory wires at all or is it a tap into wires type affair? I really hating cutting wires.

after this all you need is a WOT box and you will be a shifting pro :)

TMO Supporting Vendors