The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S550/GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It’s switched but you won’t want it on unless your at the track.

Fordfanboi

16 GT350 Tech + trans cooler
Andres @ autoblip responded, "Yes it can be wired to a switched source. Make sure the switched source is on during startup. One thing to keep in mind is that the unit will always default to the active state every time you start the vehicle."

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I used an "always on" wire when I tapped into power which caused a parasitic drain. Not a problem if you make sure the device is not on. I inadvertently hit the button, turning it on and didn't realize it until after the car sat for a few weeks.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
One thing I noticed on my first track weekend with the auto-blip was when under threshold braking with multiple downshifts the second downshift wouldn't blip the throttle. I tried it once back home but, normal driving it worked fine. Maybe it was because I was starting to trail off the brake and didn't notice I was doing so. I'll know more when I go back to the track in April. Anyone experience anything similar?

I had the problem where I didn't think it was blipping at all and my technique didn't push the clutch all the way to the firewall- well at least not full contact. Over time I've learned to use that to grab a second "blip" as I'm dropping from 4th-3rd-2nd into tight turns from high speed.

This thread is for installation and calibration instructions for the S550/GT350 Mustangs. I have mine sitting here and plan to install it the weekend before Easter. I'll install mine in the coin tray to the left of the steering column and run the cable out the back.

For anyone installing an AB I recommend that you remove the drivers seat to give you better access to under the dash. The seat comes out easily with four T-50 Torx bolts that use 35 ft lbs of torque when reinstalling. Please remember to disconnect your battery before removing the seat. Ford now uses one connector under the seat instead of two and the S550 seat is easier to remove than the S197 seat. Also place a towel or old blanket over your door sill so you don't scratch it when lifting the seat out.

leaderboard_img.png
Just installed mine, you will loose some skin and will need a massage.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Virginia
is the autoblip compatible with 2018 gt350? The home page says 15+ Mustang but the support instructions say 15-17 s550s. I read in some place that it doesn’t work. I reached out to autoblip but haven’t heard back.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I tried the auto-blip and could never get it to function and caused me major headaches with the ECM's. I would recommend the plug and play model. https://www.xineering.com/dbw.html#!/~/
I run the same unit on my 350. It works great. The only advantage I see with the AutoBlip I run in my Boss is the ease of adjustment. No lap top needed.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
I run the same unit on my 350. It works great. The only advantage I see with the AutoBlip I run in my Boss is the ease of adjustment. No lap top needed.
Jumping into this Autoblip thing since my daughter can’t heel-toe and I don’t think my psyche can handle her learning curve.

I just took the V reading and confirmed that I have the 5V system, so per the Autoblip website my car is compatible (vs the 12V Mustang system). Are there any other “gotchas”? I’ve seen various people on different sites say they had varying degrees of success but perhaps it’s all from poor installation? Looking for good and bad feedback.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
NC
I tried the auto-blip and could never get it to function and caused me major headaches with the ECM's. I would recommend the plug and play model. https://www.xineering.com/dbw.html#!/~/
I actually installed an autoblip last year on a 2015 GT and it works ridiculously well. Not sure why it would give any ECM issues unless there was a loose/faulty connection.
Adjustment and enable/disable of the unit is very easy and have been enjoying it on track.
Installed it with recommendations from this thread but I did not use the connectors that came with the autoblip, I used the posi-tap connectors - much more secure of a connection and less intrusive.

I'm sure that unit is fine too, i did debate that one. From what I saw, it actually seemed more difficult to install and adjust that unit than the autoblip.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
NC
Jumping into this Autoblip thing since my daughter can’t heel-toe and I don’t think my psyche can handle her learning curve.

I just took the V reading and confirmed that I have the 5V system, so per the Autoblip website my car is compatible (vs the 12V Mustang system). Are there any other “gotchas”? I’ve seen various people on different sites say they had varying degrees of success but perhaps it’s all from poor installation? Looking for good and bad feedback.
Not sure if you've bit the bullet or not...but yes, most issues would be from poor connections on the wires. Use posi-tap connections and not the ones provided by autoblip. That will ensure you've got a solid connection. I think it's also on page 6 here that mentions the posi-taps. I can look under my dash and give some updated pics if you need them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
Not sure if you've bit the bullet or not...but yes, most issues would be from poor connections on the wires. Use posi-tap connections and not the ones provided by autoblip. That will ensure you've got a solid connection. I think it's also on page 6 here that mentions the posi-taps. I can look under my dash and give some updated pics if you need them.
I did install the Auto-Blip. My daughter used it at Summit Point earlier this month and she loved it. No issues so far. I think the two biggest problems people have with this are: 1) incorrect voltage (5v vs 12v), or 2) poor connections as was already mentioned. I had mine soldered in rather than use the quick-connects that came with it. I haven't really used it yet other than to try to get the setting right. My muscle-memory makes it feel awkward to make the transition from heel-toe to this.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
NC
I did install the Auto-Blip. My daughter used it at Summit Point earlier this month and she loved it. No issues so far. I think the two biggest problems people have with this are: 1) incorrect voltage (5v vs 12v), or 2) poor connections as was already mentioned. I had mine soldered in rather than use the quick-connects that came with it. I haven't really used it yet other than to try to get the setting right. My muscle-memory makes it feel awkward to make the transition from heel-toe to this.
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you. And yeah, soldering it is the ultimate way to ensure a solid connection.

FWIW, I had issues until I ran the gound wire to a soldered on eyelet, and a body ground, instead of pulling from the wiring harness. That solved everything.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel