The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S550/GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This thread is for installation and calibration instructions for the S550/GT350 Mustangs. I have mine sitting here and plan to install it the weekend before Easter. I'll install mine in the coin tray to the left of the steering column and run the cable out the back.

For anyone installing an AB I recommend that you remove the drivers seat to give you better access to under the dash. The seat comes out easily with four T-50 Torx bolts that use 35 ft lbs of torque when reinstalling. Please remember to disconnect your battery before removing the seat. Ford now uses one connector under the seat instead of two and the S550 seat is easier to remove than the S197 seat. Also place a towel or old blanket over your door sill so you don't scratch it when lifting the seat out.

leaderboard_img.png

Last edited:
Info from ChopSui's GT350 install.

ChopSui said:
Well, I got the auto-blip installed today but when I finished calibrating it, the 'blip' light kept flashing. Something seems to be wrong with the throttle connection. I'm pretty sure I got the right wires tapped but either there's a bad connection or the colors don't match the manual.

"Quick update - I found the following in the original Boss auto-blip thread. This is exactly what I'm seeing. I'll check it out tomorrow evening and if everything works out, I'll post up a diagram of the wires so colorblind people like me wont get confused.

Quote from: steveespo on March 24, 2013, 05:35:23 PM

Ok I got to calibration and did the throttle on/off, brake on/off and clutch on/off but when I push the on off for the final time the blip lightl blinks continuously. The brake, clutch, blip and status lights now seem to work but the throttle doesn't blip and my car actually lost throttle control and the little wrench warning light lit up. I shut the car and the unit and restarted, car is normal with the unit off so I am leaving off. Must be the wrong blue wire with white stripe on the throttle that I tapped. There is another blue in the harness but no white strip on it. Hope Andreas and Cathy can help me.
Steve

Hello Steve - There are 6 inline wires on the APPS - make sure that you are tapped into the 2nd and 5th wire - counting from either side, it doesn't matter. I'm looking into this - one wire is a silver/blue the other is white blue. I suspect this may be causing some confusion. So for now, just make sure you are tapped into the 2nd and 5th. After you make this change, please rerun calibration sequence. The reason the blip LED was blinking after calibration is to let the user know that the calibration for the accelerator pedal position sensor failed. If you have any questions or problems at all - please call us at 602-845-9195.
"

ChopSui said:
Well that was it. In my case, the yellow/orange wire was not the right one. I connected it to the solid yellow wire, which was the second wire to the end and everything works. Can't wait to try it on the track!

The only way to see how the wires are connected is to unplug the connector from the pedal assembly. On my car, the solid yellow wire was in position 2 and the blue/white wire was in position 5.

APPS wire plug with the wire side facing toward you and the red tab on the bottom. NOTE: According to the Auto-Blip guys, it doesn't really matter which way you have it so long as the second wire from the outside on each side is used.

==============
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
==============
|_Red Tab_|

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10682.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked my install today. I followed the Auto-blip install guide for APPS and used the Blue/White and Yellow/Orange taps which were pins 2 and 5:

IMG_2250_zps4rida6qv.jpg

After calibration, with Auto-blip powered on, Status light is solid, clutch light flashes with no ignition. With Aux power prior to start up, clutch light stops flashing and goes out, status light is solid -- same with engine running. Both Clutch and Brake lights come on with pedals pressed. Blip works, but seems to have less duration than on the Boss install.

Installed mine inside the rear center consul -- stealthy 8)

IMG_2260_zpslpltnwei.jpg

I got my AUTO-BLiP installed today in my 2016 GT350 Track Pack. Got it calibrated and working the first time but I've installed one before so I know to read the instruction carefully and go slow. ;) It was raining this afternoon so I haven't driven it yet but it appears to be working properly. A couple of install notes before the photos. First is both the clutch and brake have two wires that are the same color. Thanks Ford. :) Anyway there are two purple/white wires on the brake and two blue/orange wires on the clutch sensors. You can use either wire and you'll be fine. You should plan at least a couple of hours for the install and possibly more. This is not something that you're going to knock out quickly so give yourself plenty of time and take it slowly.

Start by disconnecting your battery and then completely remove the front seat.

I installed my AB in the coin tray to the left of the steering wheel. It fits perfectly and there's plenty of room to run the cable with no cutting of the tray or dash.

IMG_7420_zpswwkxzfo2.jpg

IMG_7415_zps1rdos76t.jpg

I used the attached velcro to hold the control box in place and ran the cable out the back. To remove the tray you push in on the sides a bit and wiggle it around and it will come loose. Once removed there is a couple of clear elastic bands that put tension on the back of the tray where there is an extension at the back. Run the cable above the bands and tape the wire to the extension to keep it in place.

IMG_7418_zps6zkvgumt.jpg

IMG_7424_zps1vvrevvt.jpg

Clutch connector

IMG_7436_zpss7s8tppl.jpg

Brake connector, push on the small white clip inside the slot with a small screwdriver and it will release

IMG_7447_zps8pdkcznr.jpg

Throttle

IMG_7434_zpslt14rj3c.jpg

Various routing and zip tie points

IMG_7440_zpsvsvo0hax.jpg

IMG_7426_zpsqoa4comu.jpg

IMG_7441_zpsak3bxfdq.jpg

On, ready, set, Go!

IMG_7452_zpshaic4tve.jpg

IMG_7450_zpsbit9l0oi.jpg

IMG_7451_zpsu0qcet8j.jpg

IMG_7461_zpsk0evxtjz.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
VoodooBOSS said:
I got my AUTO-BLiP installed today in my 2016 GT350 Track Pack. Got it calibrated and working the first time but I've installed one before so I know to read the instruction carefully and go slow. ;)

What the hell is that suppose to mean? I am slow and instructed the AB carefully.

Just because it took me three tries to calibrate. ???

Nobody likes a show off Rick!!! ;D

VoodooBOSS said:
Now that I think of it my sunglasses would have fit in there as well but I'm using it as an AUTO-BLiP tray. I was using it as a coin tray

Yes! It's a felt padded coin tray to keep your coins nice an shiny ;D :p
Honestly, It actually took me two weeks before I found that tray.

Looking forward to more drive reviews on this blip rev match thing!

icormba said:
Yes! It's a felt padded coin tray to keep your coins nice an shiny ;D :p
Honestly, It actually took me two weeks before I found that tray.

Looking forward to more drive reviews on this blip rev match thing!
Ha! Well it works perfectly for the Auto-BLiP! I drove my car today and confirmed the AB worked perfectly. I was able to open the tray, turn on the AB and adjust the knobs while driving without looking at it. I'll be testing it out on track this coming Monday so stay tuned for more updates.

Anyone else had an Auto-BLiP on track in a GT350 yet?

Austin
VoodooBOSS said:
Ha! Well it works perfectly for the Auto-BLiP! I drove my car today and confirmed the AB worked perfectly. I was able to open the tray, turn on the AB and adjust the knobs while driving without looking at it. I'll be testing it out on track this coming Monday so stay tuned for more updates.

Anyone else had an Auto-BLiP on track in a GT350 yet?

I've had mine out several times and I love it. No problems whatsoever.

AUTO-BLiP

Supporting Vendor
Houston
Hello TMO members! :)

As a members of TMO, we will give you a $20 discount when purchasing an AUTO-BLiP directly from our website!
Simply let us in the comment section when placing an order and we will give you the discount when we process your order.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected] or phone/text 480-788-6748.

Thanks,
Andres
www.AUTO-BLiP.com

I installed my Auto Blip last night and thanks to this thread I was successful the first time. Are you guys turning the AB off each time after driving or do you just let the 6-hour auto off function do its job?

TMO Supporting Vendors