The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Dec

Auto Club Speedway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Just about out of tires, so going to play with my coilovers and finish these A7 off.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
Who's going to the year/season opener Jan 15? I'd like to meet and discuss setups unique to the S550. I run Green or Red group in other cars before (M3, 240Z). Thx!

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Who's going to the year/season opener Jan 15? I'd like to meet and discuss setups unique to the S550, thx!
It's probably best that I stay away from there :)
Broke a splitter, fuel pump, and transmission in 3 visits there this year. However, I'll be there in March with NASA for sure.

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
what size A7's you need? I have a new set 295/18's about 2 hrs north of you
I'm usually 315/30-18, but as I'm trying to test out the various compounds with the new NASA tire changes, I'll probably change it up a touch. Yoko A052 feels like the +1.0 mod favorite right now.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
Good baseline runs today at ACS Roval, 1:56 on oem MPSC2, cornerweight on stock susp (-1.5 front, -1.25 rear), diff temps didn't go over 243, cool day helped. Quite a few Mustangs and Shelbys today, anybody from here?

IMG_9954.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

IMG_9946.jpg

IMG_9950.jpg
1642517469629.png
1642517493404.png

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Good baseline runs today at ACS Roval, 1:56 on oem MPSC2, cornerweight on stock susp (-1.5 front, -1.25 rear), diff temps didn't go over 243, cool day helped. Quite a few Mustangs and Shelbys today, anybody from here?

View attachment 71850

View attachment 71851

View attachment 71852

View attachment 71853
I was there in person around noon grabbing something and saying some quick hellos before heading down south, think I caught one of your sessions. There were a handful of Mustangs/GT350 from MMR on the side farthest from the gas pumps.

Heh, looks like you're in my usual garage around 30 :D

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
So CA
I was there in person around noon grabbing something and saying some quick hellos before heading down south, think I caught one of your sessions. There were a handful of Mustangs/GT350 from MMR on the side farthest from the gas pumps.

Heh, looks like you're in my usual garage around 30 :D
Close nuff to restrooms and away from afternoon sun👍

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel