The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Autox Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
No no. The shop that installed my adj lcas evidently did not make them equal length. I wanted to torsen for autocross because I'm pretty sure the trac look clutch packs are worn out and I might have popped a rear wheel seal last event... lol

20220907_134411.jpg

20220907_134401.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Quick quality of life upgrade. No more fighting to keep myself planted in the seat. Also picked up a Motive Power Bleeder for when I finally get around to putting the Brembo and ss line swap. All thanks to @DaveW

20220917_000827.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Finally had time to do rear axle bearings and seals. Got the new rear calipers and gt500 setup on the back end of the car. Then went ahead and swapped in the Torsen T2R. The factory trak-loc had seen better days.

20220926_173024.jpg

20220926_230236.jpg

20220929_103750.jpg

20220929_103806.jpg

20220929_103816.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
DaveW is a good friend to have just over the border from you in the St. Louis Metro. He just had a birthday the other day and seeing how old he was I must have first met him when he was about as tall as me --- that means he was about 6 or 7, ha! Seriously, the dude grew up changing tires, wrenching, and helping his parent's autocross and race , so he has the Conehead Gene in his blood. Car is looking good and hope to see you in Lincoln, Ne. for the 50th Anniversary Nationals this September.

PS - heck, make it to the Spring Nationals next month to get some track acclimation and soak up knowledge from all the competitors there, since there will be drivers from around the Country wanting to test their cars on the Lincoln concrete.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
I would love to try and get to more national events. I am registered for the Cam Event next weekend. It's just hard to make it work with my job. 2nd shift with sun/Mondays off. We are so short staffed, I have been averaging 24 hours of overtime a week.

On the Wing topic. Does anyone have experience ordering from Chicane23? Ordered the G-stream wing mount on the 17th and order is still processing. Might give them a call Monday and see what's up.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would call Jonathan on Monday ( or leave him a message over the weekend ) as he is really good at getting stuff to customers , but it seems wings have been delayed ever since the Pandemic.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
St Louis Cam Challenge. Made it into the challenge and then killed cones each run. Took last place in the Cam-C class for the challenge. Decided I need to take a better approach than just winging my runs. Was not consistent throughout the weekend. Started in the 60s sat morning. I was able to get to a 55.9 in the afternoon session. Sunday's challenge qualifying- I was able to grab a 55.2 and put me as the 14th car qualifying for the challenge.

20230505_134848.jpg

Snapchat-2014832103.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
DaveW is member here and I imagine his trailer was there supporting the event ( SPS - Solo Performance Specialties ) and I believe he won the event in his Darth Vader S197 ! Pick his brain, he can help you immensely and he is right in your backyard, plus he has tons of racer stuff from decals to safety equipment to .........................heck, too much stuff to list , ha!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Yup, Dave was there! He has always been great. I have just forgotten how to drive over the winter. Not sure how big of an impact RT660s with 150 runs on them made either. 😅

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dave has been killing it with Yokes and Bridgerocks, so you might see if he settled on one to compete with at Spring Nationals at the end of this month? Those are likely faster than 150 fun Falkens, ha!
Are you coming to Lincoln to run the Spring Nationals?

Bridgestones all the way. They have been fast every surface I have run on and Brian Meyer (i forget his username here?) was fast on his in BS....er....FS :) in Lincoln on Sunday and said they worked fine and felt good.

DaveW

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Dave has been killing it with Yokes and Bridgerocks, so you might see if he settled on one to compete with at Spring Nationals at the end of this month? Those are likely faster than 150 fun Falkens, ha!
Are you coming to Lincoln to run the Spring Nationals?
I won't be able to make spring national. I was thinking about going to the Grissom next month. With my job, I have to pick my vacations in January and anything else I take off is based on seniority.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Southern Illinois
Finally had time to mount the APR wing. This thing is a monster. It provided a ton of confidence in the sweeper last weekend. I used to feel the rear end wanted "skip" out in sweepers. I was impressed at how drastic the change was. Rear end was planted and wanted more throttle. Of course the car now pushes but I seem to like it better this way. Can't wait to get a few more events on the setup.

Overall, I was ~30th raw time out of 116 in STL with some of the big hitters out at Spring Nats. My fastest clean run was 55.014. The run before that I was 54.393 but bumped a cone. So I know there is more in the car. Other notes, when swapping wheels, it looks like my driver side brembos have a very very small leak from the driver side brake bleeder. I'll have to bleed them see if it goes away

Snapchat-1026766556.jpg

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Are you running in CAM-C? I ask because in CAM-C you can only run a OEM production wing, I'm looking at adding aero and was going to use a spoiler as that is allowed.

That wing looks familiar:). Back the angle down to adjust the push it is creating.

Are you running in CAM-C? I ask because in CAM-C you can only run a OEM production wing, I'm looking at adding aero and was going to use a spoiler as that is allowed.

Wings are allowed in CAM-C and CAM-S as of 2023.

DaveW

TMO Supporting Vendors