The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Axle/Spring Perch Alignment Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rear axle alignment question, 2014 GT. All control arms are Rod end BMR product, just went to a 1 piece DS and noticed something when setting pinion angle. Trans is pointing down 2.5 degrees so I set diff pointing up 1.5 degrees. After I tightened everything down I noticed how crooked my springs seemed to be sitting. I have them on a perch with helper spring. First photo shows the passenger side at ride height, has an arch to it, next are both sides at droop to illustrate how crooked it is. Seems to straighten out some at ride height but didn’t expect this. Is this normal? Did I mess up pinion angle? Length of the upper arm was about 9.5 inches. Both lower control arms are equal length. Wheels look centered in wheel well. Any thoughts?

427785A7-2D15-41AE-B26E-126CA9305D41.jpeg

4B68A7E2-F16E-498F-A369-6A8D936D29A7.jpeg

054EF86A-E665-4BED-ABEC-4F038DB7FFB5.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors