The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best location for TrackDecals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all - I'd like to tap into your collective wisdom for help with this question:

Where's the best place on a Boss to put three of the extra-small (2") TrackDecals track outlines?

They arrived - yay! - and now it's time to place them . . . but I'm wrestling with where they should go.

My first thought is they're going on glass - which limits the choices, as I see it, to: 1) rear window, along bottom, starting on LH or RH side; 2) rear window, along LH or RH side, starting at the top, or 3; rear side window (aft of B pillar), along bottom of glass (probably requires removal of Ford union built sticker).

Suggestions? Votes? I deliberately went with the 2" decals as I want to keep it subtle. OK, as subtle as possible in a bright school bus yellow car with racing stripes with the side baffles removed.

Thanks!

Go big and place them on the back.

LSEmblem.png

We have very little tracks to choose from in New England. Maybe I can get a mini-map of route 3 south?!?
That's quite a little rack track in the AM ;)

But seriously, if you bought them then you want people to see them. As shown above looks good. It's off the paint. You can also go on the rear quarter windows as they're basically useless anyway (unless you added side louvers). How about front bumper where some are putting car number labels?

I put them on my door, the idea was to emulate fighter pilot kill markings.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Boss1601 said:
We have very little tracks to choose from in New England. Maybe I can get a mini-map of route 3 south?!?
That's quite a little rack track in the AM ;)

But seriously, if you bought them then you want people to see them. As shown above looks good. It's off the paint. You can also go on the rear quarter windows as they're basically useless anyway (unless you added side louvers). How about front bumper where some are putting car number labels?

Thankfully I go against the traffic on rt 3 and get off in Billerica. And I always gun it off I am in the Boss :)

I like the quarter window location as long as you think you won't visit so many tracks you won't fill both and then need to use the rear window. I think they would look better all in one location. And now that Thompson has reopened I have to see if Pete has the pattern yet :-D I personally would not place them on the paint since it will be a pain when waxing or applying sealer. The C stripes are a pain already but at least they are mostly straight lines.

WinterSucks said:
Thankfully I go against the traffic on rt 3 and get off in Billerica. And I always gun it off I am in the Boss :)

I like the quarter window location as long as you think you won't visit so many tracks you won't fill both and then need to use the rear window. I think they would look better all in one location. And now that Thompson has reopened I have to see if Pete has the pattern yet :-D I personally would not place them on the paint since it will be a pain when waxing or applying sealer. The C stripes are a pain already but at least they are mostly straight lines.

Wow...I hadn't heard Thompson was redone. Just checked out their site. Only an hour from my house. 10 year membership nets out to a little more than $40K. If only....

Boss1601 said:
Wow...I hadn't heard Thompson was redone. Just checked out their site. Only an hour from my house. 10 year membership nets out to a little more than $40K. If only....

Nah join a club for around $50 per year. Clubs rent the tracks and divide the cost up. Seems to be around 250 per day at NHIS. Not sure what Thompson will be like. I am a member of COMSCC and they are running there this month.
Sean.

WinterSucks said:
Nah join a club for around $50 per year. Clubs rent the tracks and divide the cost up. Seems to be around 250 per day at NHIS. Not sure what Thompson will be like. I am a member of COMSCC and they are running there this month.
Sean.

You've got tons of good info. Just looked up COMSCC. looks perfect for what I'm looking to do. No friends/family really into cars and racing so I get a ton of info from BMO. got the Simpson helmet catalog in the mail yesterday. I'm gearing up to get going on the track. I've done some HPDE and a fair amount of karting. Still a rookie but got some good experiences so far.

drano38

Wayne
I like glass also, so mine are along the bottom of the rear window, starting on the drivers side edge.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
I have several, they are in the garage somewhere. I like the side glass drivers side. Need to look for them and get them installed. I wonder what the average person thinks these are? Sort of looks like Japanese cartoon figures if you did not know what they are.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel