The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Best states to live in (road racing in mind)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
id rather not... cali is over here "accidentally" leaking info like concealed carry registers

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
Florida Man is both a pro and a con. On the one hand, you can be Florida Man. On the other hand, good chance your neighbor is also Florida Man.
OMG🤣

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
New Braunfels, TX
I'm in south central Texas, halfway between Austin and San Antonio. 30 minutes away is my club track, Harris Hill Raceway. 1 hour away is Circuit of the Americas, which has increased its access by HPDE and club racing over the last several years. MSR Houston is in Angleton, about 3-1/2 hours east. Motorsport Ranch Cresson is about 4 hours north and another 45 minutes north gets you to Eagles Canyon Raceway. About halfway between MSR Cresson and ECR is Texas Motor Speedway which has an infield course. There are other tracks in the state but those above are the ones I've driven, except TMS.

A full day's drive north gets you to one of my favorite tracks, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Oklahoma, or east to NOLA Motorsport Park in Lousiana.

Yes, Texas is hot in the summer, especially close to the coast. So we drive less from July to early September. The trade-off is that we get to drive during the months when nobody in the north can. If you're young and enthusiastic, you'll probably work through the heat.

Also, look at www.MotorsportReg.com. Plug in the location, the location radius, and the types of driving events you like to get a good snapshot of anywhere in the U.S.

Good luck with your selection process!

TMO Supporting Vendors