The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BIG NEWS AT BLOWFISH RACING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Waiting to be the first to order and mount that dang front tow-hook/license plate bracket. Ran into the Adams County Sheriff here a few weeks back and after busting my chops about no front plate, he did say if my car was his, he wouldn't put a front plate on it either. I did tell him there's a solution coming...

I can't believe how many of you have hassle from police over front license plates. They're required here in Illinois but I've never had one on any of my sports cars and the only time I've ever gotten hassle was from meter maids in the city of Chicago who will write the ticket if you park on the street without one. Other than that I've never been pulled over for it or even had it mentioned during a stop for anything else. They seem to just not care here.

Although, our neighbor to the East, Indiana, doesn't require them, so I suppose that living so close to there and having a bunch of cross traffic means there's a ton of legal vehicles on the road without them so they probably just stop looking for them at all.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Wish they'd just do away with the requirement here in Colorado but it's the law. Have been told twice about my violation but never ticketed. Seems the boys in blue understand but if I did get a ticket, they'd just be doing their job.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NorCal
+1 on ordering that new tow hook/front license plate mount bracket as soon as it comes out. They are super strict about front plates here in Germany, I can't even drive onto base without the plate mounted. I currently use a removable bracket, but I'm looking forward to the better mounting process that Blowfish offers.

Good to see that you are hanging in there. I have purchased the brake cooler kit, fire extinguisher bracket, shifter bracket, and front and rear tow hook kits for my 14 GT and love your quality products.

The fire extinguisher mount seems to be missing off the site....

Also, do you no longer accept paypal as payment? The paypal checkout link seems to be broken.

I have things i want to order, but im not sure what is up with the website.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
sorry for being absent from this conversation. not sure why i'm not being notified on replies to this thread?

first, the website issues. i added a new credit card processor through my bank to work in conjunction with paypal and they don't seem to be working together. i can't figure out why. if anyone wants to place an order with paypal bucks, please email me and i will get scott to send a paypal invoice. gripdriver, can you describe the issue, error messages and whether you were trying to use a credit card or paypal bucks to complete the order?

next, the license plate mount. its in the works. i haven't put my full effort into wrapping it up, as sales of the billet loops has been slow and the license plate mounts will only work with those. i am planning to run a batch of loops through the machine in the next couple of weeks and can get to work on including the license plate attachments at that time.

i have been working very hard, as of late, on the revamped fire extinguisher mount. it is going to be a modular quick release style this time around. a lever along side the extinguisher body would be depressed when grabbing the extinguisher, to release it from the base. its not a new concept, but the 2 players for this style are brey-krause and rennline. they each work for 1 size bottle and cost way too much. $275 plus a car specific bracket is obscene! i have a design that will use the worm clamp, which saves a bunch of cost and allows multiple bottle sizes up to 90mm diameter (limited only by the lever shape). i am just refining the release smoothness, high g-load/impact retention and trying to mitigate noise from vibrations before pulling the trigger. those three are all in direct competition with each other at the moment, but i think i may have them balanced out with the design i am finalizing today. stay tuned for a thread on these over the next couple of weeks!

i have also been working on a very simple and cost effective power steering pump mount for coyote engine swaps. i needed this feature when swapping my 08 GT racecar to a coyote and found all the options to be overly complicated and expensive. utilizing the simple factory ac pump stretchy belt, i was able to position the ps pump in a fixed position where the ac pump used to be. the design is done and tested. i am now on hold while i try to source the stupid hollow alignment dowels that ford uses on the ac pumps. these are surprisingly difficult to track down. they are not a stock item for any pin manufacturers, not a ford part number and it takes a 5-10k piece order to have them made. this shouldn't be that complicated!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Steve, I believe you need to click "Watch Thread" near the top of the screen (see lower right corner of screencap), and then in your user preferences you should be able to toggle email notification for new replies/mentions.

3PIgRPA.png

I was able to checkout with paypal today. Ordered the 13-14 brake duct bezel mounts.

Its the little paypal icon that does not work when it is clicked on at checkout. But one of the other payment option boxes allowed me to go to the paypal site and checkout.

The error is just a orange box that says "error" and some other random text (code?)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i found the error. there is an extra paypal box right in the middle between the first data payment box and the main paypal payment box. no idea why it is there, but the link is broken. i will have the webmaster remove that extra box. thank you for helping me solve this issue!

i found the error. there is an extra paypal box right in the middle between the first data payment box and the main paypal payment box. no idea why it is there, but the link is broken. i will have the webmaster remove that extra box. thank you for helping me solve this issue!

Not a problem.

TMO Supporting Vendors