The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bilstein Street Pro Monotube- Any Reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

Im looking for reviews on the Bilstein S197 Monotube shocks. Can anyone offer a review? Can anyone compare and contrast their performance against Koni's? How is the ride and handling? Should i expect better or worse ride then OEM Boss shocks?

My expectation is that they will ride and handle better then OEM Boss and should ride better then Koni's, though im not sure how their dampening compares.

I have them with Ford "K" springs. Car is double duty - street and track. I went straight from stock to the Bil's so can't speak to how they compare to Koni's but they are worlds better than stock. Ride better on the street and are much better on track. No doubt they won't compare to some of the better coil-over set-ups out there, but for the money I think they're hard to beat.

I have them with Ford "K" springs. Car is double duty - street and track. I went straight from stock to the Bil's so can't speak to how they compare to Koni's but they are worlds better than stock. Ride better on the street and are much better on track. No doubt they won't compare to some of the better coil-over set-ups out there, but for the money I think they're hard to beat.

I agree with this. By the way, I'm not aware of a Bilstein "Street Pro" shock, I just know it as the kit that Vorshlag puts together with Bilsteins, a choice of common lowering springs, and their camber plates. That's the setup I have on my '11 GT, with Ford P springs, and it works as advertised. I think one of the single best things you can do for these cars is better shocks; they just feel very under-damped from the factory.

Ride is typical Bilstein. The ride is much more taut, but compliance over sharp bumps such as potholes and expansion joints may even be better than stock. The handling of course is worlds better, and the rear axle is far, far less skittish over bumps. You can find video review of it on Vorshlag's website.

Awesome reviews thanks guys. Mine is certainly double duty and will be paired with the Ford Racing Boss spec springs and a conventional top hat. I agree, regardless the s197 chassis regardless of trim ordered "needs" a better shock right off the show room floor. Preferably a well designed and engineered mono tube.

No they are just off the shelf shocks and struts that you can buy anywhere. Bilstein HD Front Strut #35-128717, Bilstein HD series shock #24-122245 This is for 05 to 10 top mounts. The struts and shock or a little shorter. I am running them right now with MM road and track springs.

TMO Supporting Vendors