The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blowfish shifter bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cleveland Ohio
Does anyone know what happen to the Blowfish manual transmission shifter bracket? Did the company go out of business? Im trying to find and purchase one but it seems no one has one.

I sent you a private message, to start a conversation yesterday wherein I said I have the Blowfish transmission bracket for sale and available with little use.

zajac
I'm not looking for one, I already have one. I just mentioned how much I missed Blowfish products. The guy a few posts up is looking for one I think.

Not intending to destroy any potential sales going on with the Blowfish brackets but I would recommend a MGW shifter long before I would add anything to make the stock shifter work. I had a Blowfish bracket on my Boss when I bought it and it is a quality bracket. Unfortunately the stock Ford shifter is the biggest piece of junk ever created. I removed both parts and sold the Blowfish bracket and threw the shifter into the scrap metal pile. Installed the MGW shifter, a urethane mount for the trans and a one piece aluminum driveshaft. There is no smoother set-up than this combination in my opinion. The MGW shifter is the highest quality machined piece of art on the market.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have an MGW shifter and a Blowfish bracket on my Boss. The shifter is a gen1 piece which did not attach to the trans. The bracket fixed this.
Its a generation thing.
I do agree the Blowfish piece by itself would leave you with a second rate doorstop for a shifter.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Cleveland Ohio
I want to thank all who replied to my post! I am grateful for all your opinions and knowledge. I am putting together a tribute car to/for Smokey Yunick's 1969 Trans Am Boss Mustang. And being a certain age (63) I grow up with Hurst shifters and that being the PREMIER shifter of the 60s and 70s, thats the shifter I went with. especially want to thank ZAJAC for selling me his bracket! I couldnt believe the difference between the stock shifter (which seemed to take forever to shift) and the short throw Hurst shifter WITH the bracket. HOLY _ _ _ _!!!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For those still thinking about a short throw shift kit or mod, just check out MGW and that will solve the majority of your concerns. Built completely in the US ( often other stuff, including Hurst ,is done overseas ) and part of Shelby American cars, and so much more. They are the gold standard and the owner is a lifelong Mustang owner and yes I am biased as I have known George Ciamillo for over 20 years , he is a certified perfectionist, and he constantly gets new Mustangs to make sure his system is up to snuff on any changes Ford has done. Built in Augusta, Ga. his units are heavily used in many Ford track cars and more ------ his shop has more current CNC machines and laser engravers than any one I have ever been in. Sorry to semi hijack this thread, but for those looking to upgrade or who are on the fence, note how many folks have come out and suggested this upgrade --just saying.

I want to thank all who replied to my post! I am grateful for all your opinions and knowledge. I am putting together a tribute car to/for Smokey Yunick's 1969 Trans Am Boss Mustang. And being a certain age (63) I grow up with Hurst shifters and that being the PREMIER shifter of the 60s and 70s, thats the shifter I went with. especially want to thank ZAJAC for selling me his bracket! I couldnt believe the difference between the stock shifter (which seemed to take forever to shift) and the short throw Hurst shifter WITH the bracket. HOLY _ _ _ _!!!!!
I completely understand this, I too grew up with the warning
" vehicle is Hurst equipped, shift as hard as you please, but don't break your arm"

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Blowfish is/ was awesome. I hope they make a return

Blowfish is back SORT OF! If your looking for this shifter support check eBay only way to get it.just type. Blowfish in it'll pop up.

I also stumbled into them on a random FB post talking about them being back in business sort of. But not active on social media currently. And did see they are selling stuff. Just not sure how much.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel